On the purpose of the Argent Tournament itself, Highlord Tirion Fordring makes the following announcement from the stage to the east of the Ring of Champions at the top of every hour:
- Five minutes before Tirion speaks:
- Herald Beluus yells: Highlord Tirion Fordring approaches the stage to address those gathered upon the tournament grounds! Make way to the stage area to attend him!
- Combatants of the Alliance and Horde! You are welcome under the banner of the Argent Crusade.
- To the south lies our goal. We will march to the Citadel and cut out the heart of the Scourge where it dwells.
- But this is no task to be taken lightly.
- A massive attack with every able-bodied man would end in needless slaughter. Every soldier lost would rise as the enemy. Azeroth would be left defenseless against the undead threat.
- Instead, we require a small, concentrated strike force for the attack to succeed. For that reason, we have created the Argent Tournament.
- Within these walls, you will be tested. Your skill in combat will be matched against the fiercest dangers Northrend has to offer under the watchful eyes of your leaders.
- Your prowess, your might, and your cunning will be under close watch. These games will determine the best Azeroth has to offer.
- The victors will take their rightful place in the assault upon the Citadel. We will stand together in the face of evil, and Arthas WILL fall!
During patch 3.1.0, participants worked to construct the Crusaders' Coliseum, however the Coliseum itself was completed and released in patch 3.2.0, along with the Trial of the Champion 5-player dungeon (available in both normal and heroic modes), as well as the normal mode 10/25-player Trial of the Crusader raid and its heroic version, the Trial of the Grand Crusader.
|Old-model mount||500 5|
Players are eligible to purchase rewards from their racial faction and additional factions with which they have earned the right to champion.
|Race||Faction||15 Banner||500 5 Mount||100 Mount||40 Companion Pet|
Champion weapons and armor
Silver Covenant/Sunreavers collectables
Crusader collectables and heirlooms
Starting the Argent Tournament: Aspirant & Valiant
The quest chain starts in the building to the west of the Crusaders' Coliseum. Justicar Mariel Trueheart directs questers to their faction's respective tents on the east side of the keep, where they must undertake a series of tests to join the tournament proper.
Also note that like the fishing and cooking daily quests, the 3 blade quests (A Blade Fit of a Champion, The Edge of Winter, A Worthy Weapon) are not independent daily quests. Having one of them in your log prevents you from accepting the other two, should it be offered that day. In other words, should you not complete one of them on the day you accept it, you will not be able to do either of the other two quests the following day. This means that you should do all three daily quests on the day you accept them if you want to complete "Up To The Challenge" in three days.
Over the course of championing all five faction's cities you can expect to gain 11,250 reputation with each capital city. Keep this in mind when considering champion-level quest rewards. The can only be used to buy reputation tokens worth 250 reputation with one city at a time. Do not purchase reputation with a faction when you can reasonably expect to reach exalted status while doing the valiant chain for the rest of the cities. The is a better alternative for players who already have high reputation with their faction's cities. It is also possible to continue doing a faction's valiant-level quests, earning reputation with that faction, if one does not turn in the "The Valiant's Charge" quest with that faction.
In the past completion of city-faction dailies would award 250 reputation for the related city and 62 "splash" reputation for allied cities. Those wishing to use the Argent Tournament to become exalted with all Alliance (or Horde) cities would use spreadsheets to optimize the amount of time they lingered at valiant level with each city. The splash reputation was removed some point prior to patch 4.0.6 and spreadsheets are no longer necessary. This effectively halved the amount of reputation gained by lingering at Valiant level (250 instead of 250+248). People wishing to achieve exalted with their faction cities can also run dungeons wearing the city tabards.
The Black Knight chain
- After reaching the rank of Champion:
- Starting in Patch 3.2.0:
Also available for players not exalted with the Argent Crusade is .
In order to be eligible for these quests, players are required to have earned the title <Crusader>. Several daily quests are offered randomly each day, one from each questgiver:
High Crusader Adelard Offers one of these each day:
Crusader Silverdawn Offers one of these each day:
- (if the kraken was killed)
Silver Covenant (Alliance) / Sunreavers (Horde) dailies
In order to be eligible for these quests, players are required to have earned the achievement or by being exalted with the Silver Covenant/Sunreavers and being a champion of at least one racial faction. Several daily quests are offered randomly each day, two from / and one from / .
- one of...
- and one of...
The following achievements are related to the Argent Tournament:
|Train to compete in the Argent Tournament by becoming an Aspirant for your race's faction.||10|
|Train to compete in the Argent Tournament by becoming a Valiant for your race's faction.||10|
|Earn the right to represent Darnassus in the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Earn exalted status with the right to represent Darnassus in the Argent Tournament.||10 <of Darnassus>|
|Earn the right to represent Gnomeregan in the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Earn exalted status with and the right to represent Gnomeregan in the Argent Tournament.||10 <of Gnomeregan>|
|Earn the right to represent Ironforge in the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Earn exalted status with and the right to represent Ironforge in the Argent Tournament.||10 <of Ironforge>|
|Earn the right to represent Orgrimmar in the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Earn exalted status with the right to represent Orgrimmar in the Argent Tournament.||10 <of Orgrimmar>|
|Earn the right to represent Sen'jin in the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Earn exalted status with the right to represent Sen'jin in the Argent Tournament.||10 <of Sen'jin>|
|Earn the right to represent Silvermoon City in the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Earn exalted status with the right to represent Silvermoon City in the Argent Tournament.||10 <of Silvermoon>|
|Earn the right to represent Stormwind in the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Earn exalted status with the right to represent Stormwind in the Argent Tournament.||10 <of Stormwind>|
|Earn the right to represent the Exodar in the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Earn exalted status with and the right to represent the Exodar in the Argent Tournament.||10 <of the Exodar>|
|Earn the right to represent Thunder Bluff in the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Earn exalted status with the right to represent Thunder Bluff in the Argent Tournament.||10 <of Thunder Bluff>|
|Earn the right to represent Undercity in the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Earn exalted status with and the right to represent the Undercity in the Argent Tournament.||10 <of the Undercity>|
|Complete to unmask and defeat the Black Knight at the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Best a rider of every racial faction at the Argent Tournament.||10|
|Purchase and use an Argent Pony from .||10|
|Defeat another player in a mounted duel at the Argent Tournament.||10|
||Earn the right to represent each of your faction's races in the Argent Tournament.||10|
||Earn exalted status with and the right to represent each of your faction's races in the Argent Tournament.||10|
||Earn exalted status with and the right to represent each of your faction's races in the Argent Tournament while also being exalted with the Argent Crusade.||10
||Earn both exalted status with The Silver Covenant/Sunreavers and the right to represent a city in the Argent Tournament.||10|
Alliance and Horde leadership
- Herald Beluus yells: The Warchief of the Horde, Thrall, and Overlord Garrosh Hellscream have arrived upon the tournament grounds! Clear the way to the entrance!
- Thrall, Garrosh and their escort appear from inside the Sunreaver Pavilion and walk along the path following the Ring of Champions. Here, they stop between the Ironforge and Gnomeregan banners and observe.
- Thrall says: Garrosh, I expect you to control yourself here. I do not want a repeat of the Violet Citadel.
- Garrosh Hellscream says: Pah! That was a show of strength, worthy of a leader. I only regret I did not kill that human before the mage interfered.
- Thrall says: We are guests here, Garrosh, and you will conduct yourself honorably.
- Garrosh Hellscream says: What honor is there in thrashing about with blunted sticks? This is a waste of time.
- The group proceeds to the western entrance of the Crusaders' Coliseum, where Highlord Tirion Fordring awaits.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring says: Welcome, Warchief Thrall. Overlord Hellscream.
- Thrall says: Thank you for the invitation, Lord Fordring. We look forward to observing these games.
- Garrosh Hellscream says: Speak for yourself, Thrall.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring says: I hope you'll see the merit of these events in time, Garrosh. We cannot win against the Scourge if we continue to war against one another.
- Thrall says: Wise words.
- Garrosh Hellscream says: Words of a fool, you mean. The Horde will destroy the undead without your aid, human, or that of the pompous king.
- Thrall immediately turns to face Garrosh and rebukes him directly.
- Thrall says: Garrosh, enough!
- Highlord Tirion Fordring says: Under my roof, gentlemen, I trust you will behave.
- Thrall turns back to Tirion.
- Thrall says: Of course, Tirion. I apologize for his outburst. It will not be repeated.
- Garrosh Hellscream says: Bah.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring says: If you will follow me, then.
- The group then walks in to the coliseum proper and disappears inside.
- Herald Beluus yells: His Majesty, King Varian Wrynn, and Lady Jaina Proudmoore have touched down upon the tournament grounds! Make way!
- Varian, Jaina and their escort appear from inside the Silver Covenant Pavilion and walk west towards the Argent Pavilion. Fordring greets them at the entrance to the Coliseum.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Tirion.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring says: King Varian, Lady Jaina. Welcome to the tournament. Your place in the coliseum is waiting.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Thank you. It's the least I can do to support this; we need to stand together.
- King Varian Wrynn says: You ask much of me, Tirion, to sit and watch, trusting the savages to keep themselves in check.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring says: My people are here to ensure they honor the rules of engagement. It will do your subjects well to see you in the stands.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I'm sure Thrall will have his people under control...
- King Varian Wrynn says: Perhaps. I doubt the effectiveness of this gambit. We would be better served preparing our armies for the final assault.
- King Varian Wrynn says: But if my presence is required in these games to gain your support in the battle, then I will remain. For now.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring nods and gestures for his guests to follow.
- The group then walks in to the coliseum proper and disappears inside.
Knights of the Ebon Blade "booth"
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The Argent Tournament Expands
- All new Argent Crusader daily quests and rewards have been added for players with the Crusader title. Rewards include a new Argent Crusader banner and tabard (which can teleport players to the tournament grounds), a mounted squire (can periodically run bank, mail or vendor errands for the player), a paladin-exclusive Argent Crusader Charger mount, and new heirloom items.
- All new Silver Covenant and Sunreaver daily quests and rewards have been added for players exalted with these factions. Rewards include tabards, new ground and flying mounts, and a new pet.
- Just when you thought you had seen the last of the Black Knight, he makes his astonishing return to the tournament. Wait, didn't you ? (Source)
- Hotfix (2009-04-16): "We have made it so players cannot attack additional quest giver NPCs at the Argent Tournament."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.
- ^ Zarhym 2009-02-25. Re:Argent Tournament Timing?. Retrieved on 2009-02-28.
- ^ Blizzard. Under Development: Patch 3.2: Call of the Crusade. Retrieved on 2009-05-24. “The Argent Tournament Expands: With the help of Azeroth's heroes, the Argent Crusade will finish the Argent Coliseum just in time to call for all brave citizens to prepare for battle with the Lich King. New dailies, rewards, and more will be available at the Argent Tournament grounds to lure adventurers into the coliseum.”
- ^ Bornakk 2009-04-16. Recent In-Game Fixes - 4/16/09. Retrieved on 2009-05-24.