Elemental ascendant (Elemental)
They are Twilight's Hammer members who have ascended and become elementals. The world first heroic kill was by Paragon (25 person) on 2 January 2011.
The Ascendant Council is a three phase council fight. During the first phase, you fight Feludius and Ignacious - water and fire ascendants. During the second phase, you face Arion and Terrastra - air and earth ascendants respectively. During the last phase, you must defeat all four, as they merge together into an Elementium Monstrosity.
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Strategy
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Loot
- 6 Related achievements
- 7 Notes
- 8 Videos
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Patch changes
- 11 References
- 12 External links
As the most powerful Twilight's Hammer cultists to be twisted into elemental beings, the Ascendant Council members have long forgotten their existences as mere mortals. From their wicked sanctum, they oversee the selection of new ascension candidates.
Stage One: You Dare Invade?
At the start of the encounter, Feludius and Ignacious enter the battle. Arion and Terrastra then watch from the balconies above. In Heroic Difficulty Arion and Terrastra assist their fellow Councillors.
Ascendant Councillor of Water
- Glaciate — Feludius unleashes a burst of Frost that damages all players in the room. Damage taken decreases with distance from Feludius, and any victims at point-blank range suffer fatal damage. Players afflicted by Waterlogged when Feludius uses Glaciate become Frozen and suffer additional damage.
- Hydro Lance — Feludius fires a powerful waterbolt at a random player, inflicting 81000 to 99000 Frost damage.
- Water Bomb — Feludius lobs a shower of watery missiles throughout the room, splashing down and inflicting 9750 to 10250 Frost damage to players within 6 yards of each impact. Water Bomb afflicts Waterlogged on any enemy damaged.
- Waterlogged — Water Bomb soaks the player in icy water, reducing their movement speed by 25%. Feludius's Glaciate will cause all Waterlogged players to become Frozen. Exposure to the intense heat from Ignacious's abilities removes this effect.
- Heart of Ice — Feludius causes an icy chill to envelop a random player's heart, inflicting increasing Frost damage every 2 sec, but also causing nearby players within 10 yards to become Frost Imbued.
Ascendant Councillor of Flame
- Aegis of Flame — Ignacious surrounds himself with a radiant shield of flame, absorbing up to 500000 damage and preventing spell interruption while active. He begins channeling Rising Flames immediately after Aegis.
- Rising Flames — After shielding himself with Aegis of Flame, Ignacious begins to channel Rising Flames, inflicting 13500 to 16500 Fire damage to all players in the room every 2 sec. Each time Rising Flames pulses, Ignacious increases his damage dealt by 3% for 15 sec. This effect stacks at an increasing rate.
- Inferno Rush — Ignacious leaps to a distant target, knocking away all enemies within 0 yards of the point of impact and inflicting 13875 to 16125 Fire damage. Ignacious then rushes back to his last target, leaving a trail of fire in his wake. Standing within this fire inflicts 4625 to 5375 Fire damage every 0.5 sec.
- Flame Torrent — Ignacious unleashes plumes of fire from his hands, inflicting 37000 to 43000 Fire damage every 1 sec for 3 sec in a 18 yard 30 degree cone in front of him.
- Burning Blood — Ignacious boils the blood of a random player, inflicting increasing Fire damage every 2 sec, but also causing nearby players within 0 yards to become Flame Imbued.
- Static Overload — Arion charges a player with energy that electrifies nearby allies, causing them to suffer 6475 to 7525 Nature damage every 2 sec for 10 sec. Powerful gravitational fields cause this energy to dissipate harmlessly.
- Gravity Core — Terrastra crushes a random player with intense gravitational force, inflicting 10000 Physical damage every 2 sec. While the Gravity Core crushes a player, the gravitational field pulses on nearby players within 0 yards. This field reduces a player's movement speed by 50% and haste by 100% for 10 sec.
Stage Two: We Will Handle Them!
Once either Feludius or Ignacious reaches 25% health, both Councillors retreat. Arion and Terrastra then descend from above to carry on the fight.
Ascendant Councillor of Air
- Call Winds — Arion focuses and agitates the nearby air into a violent cyclone. This cyclone wanders randomly around the room for 50 sec before dissipating. The cyclones knock upwards any player who touches them and inflict the Swirling Winds effect on that player.
- Thundershock — Arion unleashes a massive electrical storm that fills the room with crackling lightning, inflicting 78000 to 82000 Nature damage to all players. Players with the Grounded effect take greatly reduced damage.
- Lightning Rod — Arion marks a random player as a target for a forthcoming Chain Lightning attack. In 25 player raids Arion marks three random players as targets.
- Disperse — Arion dissolves into swirling wind and materializes elsewhere in the room, then casts Lightning Blast.
Ascendant Councillor of Earth
- Gravity Well — Terrastra creates a pocket of intense gravity near a random player. The Gravity Well periodically inflicts 3000 Nature damage to players within 7 yards and draws them into its pull for 30 sec. Players pulled into Gravity Wells gain the Grounded effect.
- Harden Skin — Terrastra's skin hardens into solid rock, increasing his Physical damage dealt by 20% and absorbing 50% of all damage taken, up to 500000 for 30 sec. If Terrastra reaches this threshold before the effect ends, Terrastra's rocky skin shatters, causing him to suffer all the damage that Harden Skin absorbed.
- Quake — Terrastra sends massive shockwaves through the earth, inflicting 63375 to 66625 Physical damage to all players. Players with the Swirliing Winds effect take no damage.
- Eruption — Terrastra causes rocky spikes to emerge from the ground around his feet. Each spike impales players within 4 yards of it, inflicting 23562 to 26437 Physical damage and knocking them up in the air.
- Frozen Orb — Feludius summons a sphere of pure Frost energy to relentlessly pursue a random player. The sphere gains speed over time. If the Frozen Orb reaches its target, it explodes and inflicts 200000 Frost damage on all players.
- Flame Strike — Ignacious targets the location of a random player, then launches a massive fireball towards that location. The Flame Strike deals 195000 to 205000 Fire damage on impact and leaves a lingering patch of fire. This fire inflicts 18500 to 21500 Fire damage every 1 sec. to players within 7 yards.
Stage Three: BEHOLD YOUR DOOM!
Once either Arion or Terrastra reaches 25% health, the Councillors grow impatient and place all combatants in a stasis field. All four Councillors combine to form the Elementium Monstrosity, beginning the final phase of the encounter.
- Elementium Monstrosity
The initial health of the Elementium Monstrosity equals the combined remaining health of each of the four Councillors.
- Electric Instability — Every 1 sec. the Monstrosity zaps nearby players with electrical bolts for 4712 to 5287 Nature damage. The electrical bolt chains to nearby players. The Elementium Monstrosity is an unstable creature and emanates increasing amounts of electrical energy over time. The increased energy causes the electrical bolts to strike an increasing number of targets.
- Gravity Crush — The Elementium Monstrosity traps a player in a gravity bubble, lifting them off the ground and crushing them for 6% of their maximum health every 0.5 sec for 6 sec. When the effect ends, the player falls to the ground. In 25 player raids the Elementium Monstrosity traps three players in a gravity bubble.
- Lava Seed — The Elementium Monstrosity showers the surrounding area with kernels of pure Flame energy. Each Lava Seed erupts and inflicts 43750 to 56250 Fire damage to any player within 0 yards.
- Cryogenic Aura — The preternaturally cold Monstrosity reduces all damage taken by 25% and freezes the ground beneath it. The Monstrosity continually forms pools of Liquid Ice beneath its feet. These pools inflict 9500 to 10500 Frost damage every 1 sec to players that stand within them. Pools of Liquid Ice expand while they remain in contact with the Monstrosity.
The first phase pits players against Feludius (ice) and Ignacious (fire) while the others watch from the balcony. It lasts until one of the elementals reaches 25% health. For the first phase, put ranged DPS on Feludius, melee DPS on Ignacious and take them down together. Because the Elementium Monstrosity's hitpoints in phase three depend on how much health the individual elementals had before they despawned, it is ideal to get both Feludius and Ignacious down to 25%.
Heart of Ice is a magic debuff by Feludius that causes nearby players to deal additional damage to Ingacious. Burning Blood is the same kind of debuff cast by Ignacious that causes nearby players to deal additional damage to Feludius. It's debatable whether to move to the groups of players that are assigned to one boss, or to dispel the debuff.
After Ignacius has cast Inferno Leap (similar to Rajh in Halls of Origination) he will move to the tank and leave a trail of fire. Players should move to the fire to remove the Waterlogged debuff, or they will be stunned and take significant damage when Feludius cast Frozen Blood.
Calling out when Ignacius is about to cast Aegis of Flame is important since the raid will need to focus DPS at that time. If the DPS is focused enough, the Aegis will be brought down before the fire AoE causes too much damage from Rising Flames.
Now Arion (wind) and Terrastra (earth) will come in. Once again, split DPS with ranged on Arion and melee on Terrastra, and try to get them both down to 25% at the same time.
When the phase starts players should be on the lookout for the black tornadoes that spawn - these should not be confused with the Gravity Well that causes players to be grounded. When players have touched the tornado they get Swirling Winds, which will make players avoid the Quake ability by Terrastra that causes about 100k damage. After Quake has been cast, players should move to the Gravity Well to make them Grounded. This will make players immune to the Thundershock ability by Arion, causing about 100k damage.
Once the elementals combine into the Elementium Monstrosity, it will have the combined HP of whatever the four individual mobs had when they despawned. Although Elementium Monstrosity is a tank and spank, the damage from its Electric Instability ability increases with time, hence it is easier if the previous bosses were kept as close to 25% health as possible.
- yells: Brothers of Twilight! The Hammer calls to you! (Fire water earth air). Leave your mortal shell behind. (Fire water earth air). Embrace your new forms for here and everafter! (Burn and drown and crush and suffocate). And use your gifts to destroy the unbelievers. (Burn and drown and crush and suffocate)!!
- Feludius yells: You dare invade our lord's sanctum?
- Ignacious yells: You will die for your insolence!
- Phase 2
- Arion yells: Enough of this foolishness!
- Terrastra yells: We will handle them!
- Phase 3
- Arion yells: An impressive display...
- Terrastra yells: To have made it this far.
- Feludius yells: But now witness true power...
- Ignacious yells: The fury of the elements!
- Elementium Monstrosity yells: BEHOLD YOUR DOOM!
- Casting Glaciate
- I will freeze the blood in your veins!
- Killing a player
- Casting Rising Flames
- Killing a player
- More fuel for the fire!
- Thundershock Incoming
- The air around you crackles with energy...
- Casting Call Winds
- Wind, hear my call!
- Killing a player
- Merely a whisper in the wind...
- Quake Incoming
- The ground beneath you rumbles ominously...
- Casting Quake
- The earth will devour you!
- Killing a player
- The soil welcomes your bones!
- Gravity Crush
- FEEL THE POWER!
- Killing a player
- World first heroic kill on 25-man achieved 2.1.2011 by DREAM Paragon of Lightining's Blade Europe.
- Terrastra is voiced by Kurt Kelly.
- Vagrant Corps, "Elementary" achievement - 1080p
- Cause and Effct, on screen guide, voice chat, low in game sound
- MrGelowe Post Patch 4.2
- Hotfix (2011-01-18): "The hotfix on January 5 to increase the damage of Liquid Ice during phase 3 of the Ascendant Council fight has been reverted. Due to a separate bug with the size of the Elementium Monstrosity's hitbox, it is often impossible for melee classes to avoid damage from this ability. This issue is slated to be addressed in patch 4.0.6 so that Liquid Ice damage can again be increased."
- Hotfix (2011-01-05): "
- Liquid Ice in phase 3 of the Ascendant Council encounter now deals more damage.
- The damaging component of Eruption no longer interrupts Terrastra when casting Harden Skin or Quake."
- Hotfix (2011-01-03): "
- It was sometimes possible for Arion to instantly Chain Lightning the targets affected by Lightning Rod, with no time for them to react. This has been corrected.
- If one of the three most distant targets from Ignacious was 20 or fewer yards away and Ignacious picked that target for Inferno Leap, the spell would fail entirely, but the cooldown would be consumed. Inferno Leap can now be cast on players 20 yards or fewer away from Ignacious.
- The Elementium Monstrosity will now prefer ranged targets to melee targets with its Electrical Instability beams. If there are more beams active then there are ranged targets present, then the beams will start hitting melee targets."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.