- "Celestials" redirects here. For the world boss encounters, see Chi-Ji (tactics), Niuzao (tactics), Xuen (tactics), and Yu'lon (tactics). For the in-game faction, see August Celestials
The August Celestials are four creatures that watch over Pandaria. They have a connection to the Ancients such as Goldrinn and Tortolla, but it is unknown if they are the same type of creature or visit the Emerald Dream as the Ancients do.
They consist of:
Temples of the Celestials
There are four respective temples dedicated to August Celestials in whole of Pandaria. Each of them houses the followers and monks dedicated to serve them.
- Chi-Ji has the Temple of the Red Crane in Krasarang Wilds, in southern Pandaria.
- Niuzao has Niuzao Temple in Townlong Steppes, in western Pandaria.
- Xuen has the Temple of the White Tiger in Kun-Lai Summit, in northern Pandaria.
- Yu'lon has the Temple of the Jade Serpent in the Jade Forest, in eastern Pandaria.
- Though they are connected to the Ancient Guardians, the August Celestials might also have some relation to the Loa.
- They are apparently based on the four symbols of Chinese mythology, with the Black Ox replacing the Black Tortoise and exchanging cardinal directions with the White Tiger.