|Race||Blue dragon (Dragonkin)|
|Occupation||stationed in Azshara|
|Relative(s)||Anara (love interest)|
Azuregos is a level ?? (boss) blue wyrm in Azshara. Azuregos can be recognized by his ears, which are large and frilly, and the skin on his wings that reaches the end of his tail. He, like Nefarian, has a sense of humor.
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
Azuregos was a trusted servant of the former aspect Malygos. As a blue dragon he is incredibly interested in magical artifacts and their protection. For this reason he guarded the ancient night elf Ruins of Eldarath, because many ancient and powerful Highborne artifacts may be found among the ruins of the once-mighty stronghold. Azuregos was willing to fight to the death to defend Azshara's magical treasures.
The Scepter of the Shifting Sands
During the War of the Shifting Sands, a scepter was created to make it possible to reopen the Scarab Wall. The scepter was shattered however by Fandral Staghelm, and the shards were divided amongst the four mighty Dragonflights, in the hopes that it would be nearly impossible to re-unite the pieces by anyone seeking to unleash the horrors of Ahn'Qiraj. Anachronos kept one piece to himself and gave the others to Eranikus, Vaelastrasz, and Azuregos.
As soon as Malygos charged him with protecting the scepter shard, Azuregos knew he was in for an eternity of headache and pain. All he wanted to do was study the magic rich shorelines of Azshara and take in what artifacts might remain from the Sundering. He held the scepter shard for 500 years and he thought it was nothing but trouble. It attracted all kinds of attention. He wanted to be left alone to his studies, not babysit some would be hero's ticket to glory. So he gave it to a very special minnow, Maws. Any champion seeking to reunite the Scepter would come searching for Azuregos and face quite a challenge in order to claim the shard.
After the Shattering
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
After the death of Malygos, Deathwing sent agents to assassinate the rest of the weakened blue flight. Azuregos has not been seen since a group of bloodthirsty adventurers came through on some sort of quest to make a now-useless quiver. While no one knows where he has gone, there is someone in Bilgewater Harbor paying handsomely for information on his whereabouts.
Eventually it is discovered that he is hiding in the spirit world, and appears to be in a relationship with a Spirit Healer, Anara. He eventually agrees to help Kalecgos fight the black dragonflight, but strongly disapproves of Kalecgos becoming the new Aspect of Magic.
He only appears in phasing events. After the quest , he appears temporarily in a phased version of the zone as the Spirit of Azuregos. After , he appears permanently at the Northern Rocketway Terminus.
- According to Kalec, Azuregos doesn't make many friends and his taste in them tends to be a bit unique. A murloc named Ergll is one of them. Azuregos even taught Ergll to speak. As Azuregos was always trying to get his hands on magic artifacts he was also trying to make friends with the Archmage Xylem.
- Ergll calls Azuregos "Azy."
- Archmage Xylem thinks that all the years of "vagabonds" assaulting Azuregos haven't done him much good making him a mite strange these days.
- During the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event, players had at one stage to speak with Azuregos. As Azuregos was likely to be killed within a few hours of spawning, this would have made the quest difficult, if not impossible, to complete. To avoid this the Spirit of Azuregos was added in southern Azshara, which could not be attacked or killed. Amusingly, the Spirit of Azuregos talks as if it is the real corporeal dragon, and tells players on the scepter quest that "I walk amongst savages in this cursed land! I cannot take five steps without some crazed orc or human trying to thrust a sharp stick into my hide. At any given time you could very well be speaking to my ghostly spirit."
- Originaly Azuregos and Lord Kazzak were the first world bosses, introduced in Patch 1.3.0
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added, as a replacement for Azuregos (original).
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Added as a world boss.