The Darkmoon Faire showcases the weird and the extraordinary. Gathering the exotic from around the world, Silas Darkmoon presents the Darkmoon Faire as a celebration of the wonders and mysteries found on Azeroth. The Faire spends most of its time on Darkmoon Island, they do stop from time to time in Mulgore and Elwynn Forest to open portals to their private island for all to visit.
Darkmoon Faire from Trading Card Game.
The people of the Darkmoon Faire are neutral, taking no stance on the war between the Alliance and the Horde and can be visited by either faction when accessible. The faire grounds are even flagged as sanctuaries, however, only the faire grounds, the rest of the island is fair game.
- Many exotic vendors live on the island with Silas Darkmoon, offering adventurers hard-to-find items from the far corners of Azeroth.
- Players can earn tickets by performing quests or playing the provided games using game tokens, which can then be turned in for items and special equipment.
- Strange sets of cards have been broken up and scattered across Azeroth, and can also be created by scribes. Players who are lucky enough to collect a complete set of these cards can turn them in at the Faire to receive epic items.
- For the complete list of faction members, see Darkmoon Faire NPCs.
Darkmoon Faire under cover of darkness. You are welcome.
Tickets and tokens
Darkmoon Prize Tickets are used like currency to purchase Darkmoon Faire prizes from several vendors at the faire. Darkmoon Game Tokens are used to play the various games at the faire. The tokens can be purchased from game token vendors: Sazz Coincatcher, Trixi Sharpworth, and Zina Sharpworth.
Tickets can only be earned through the following quests:
- For the full listing of items that can be purchased using tickets, see Darkmoon Prize Ticket.
- Main article: Darkmoon Cards
An important function of the Darkmoon Faire is to allow the return of decks of Darkmoon Cards. These are collectible sets of cards which may be created through inscription or (for level 60 and level 70 cards) found as loot. When all the cards in a set are collected, they form a deck. Higher-level decks may be returned to The Darkmoon Faire for an epic trinket. Lower-level decks reward the returner with more modest items. Returning any kind of deck also awards reputation with the Darkmoon Faire.
All players begin at 0/3000 Neutral with the Darkmoon Faire. You cannot be "at war" with the Faire. Gaining reputation with the Faire is as simple as doing quests and playing their games. Players can complete five daily quests related to the Faire games, as well as six profession quests each month, as detailed above (Test Your Strength gives Tickets, but no reputation). Performing all of the available daily and monthly quests should get the player to Exalted in four to five Faires. [Diplomacy], [Mr. Popularity], and item turn-ins will each accelerate the process.
Insane in the Membrane
Exalted reputation with Darkmoon is one of the requirements for the Insane in The Membrane Feat of Strength.