||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes and should probably not be under any other categories.
- Detect Invisibility
- Level 26 warlock ability
- 30 yd range
- 2% of base mana
- Instant cast
- Allows the friendly target to detect invisibility for 10 min.
Detect Invisibility was a spell that allowed a warlock (or its target) to see invisible units so it could attack them. It did NOT allow you to see stealthed units.
- This spell could detect characters with an invisibility level up to 1000.
- See also: Invisibility (mechanic)
- Use of this skill in the Ruins of Lordaeron allowed for players to see undead level 15 ghosts floating around in the court yard.
- In Raven Hill, Duskwood. Inside the houses, there are located invisible "passive" mobs, ranging from 55-56. Earlier used for farming Soul Shards among the Alliance warlocks, to a lesser extent Horde warlocks.
Tips and tactics
- Detect Invisibility was needed to see some of the succubi in the Arcatraz where the second and third bosses are.
- In PvP, Detect Invisibility allowed buffed players to see mages who were using the [Invisibility] spell. However, the buff also allowed invisible mages to see the buffed player.