Dread Ship Vazuvius
Dread Ship Vazuvius
|Level||93 Rare elite|
|Location||The Misty Strand, Timeless Isle|
Dread Ship Vazuvius is a level 93 rare elite Forsaken destroyer located north of the Misty Strand near the Timeless Isle. The encounter is started by someone using a at the glowing Cursed Gravestone in the strand, which drops from Evermaw, the rare elite whale shark circling the island. The gravestone has an hour-long cooldown, so even if multiple players loot the spirit lantern from Evermaw, it can only be summoned once every 60 minutes. Also of important note is that Dread Ship Vazuvius has an "enrage" timer; if it is not killed within a certain amount of time after combat starts, it sails away and soon despawns.
- Eerie Fog — Allows walking over water. Aura applied to all players in the area while the encounter is in progress.
- Burning Pitch 100 yd range — Ignites a barrel of pitch in the water, causing all enemies within the area to suffer 115,000 Fire damage every second. Instant
- Cannon Barrage 100 yd range — Blasts an enemy, inflicting 125,000 Physical damage. Instant. Cast on targets in 90-degree arcs on either side of the ship.
- Dark Barrage — Blasts an enemy with dark energy, inflicting 225,000 Shadow damage. Instant. Cast on targets in front of the ship.
Players cannot get within the hitbox of the ship, as it will knock back roughly 100 yards back into the water. On either side of the ship (port or starboard), the ship-mounted cannons will launch instant Cannon Barrages at players within their line of sight who are foolish enough to stay still long enough to get hit. On deck, skeletal pirates will launch barrels of Burning Pitch at players' positions, spawning pools of fire that tick for 100,000 damage a second while swimming in it. In front of the ship, the large skull launches instant Dark Barrages at players in the front half of the ship.
The best strategy for avoiding all the abilities is to swim down to the bottom, then across until you are underneath the ship. (For melee characters: In addition to the previous instruction, swim somewhat upwards until the mob is just within hit range.) This method requires that players pay attention to their Breath or utilize an item or spell which grants underwater breathing.
Another method is to keep moving to avoid the burning pitch, and be try to behind the ship to limit incoming cannon barrages.
- 1 Timeless armor token
- Dread Captain Genest yells: Hahahahaha!
- Dread Captain Genest yells: I live again!
- Dread Captain Genest yells: The South Seas are mine to pillage for all eternity!
- Dread Captain Genest yells: Come, Vazuvius, rise from the depths!
- Dread Captain Genest yells: No one can stop us! Onward to the open seas!
- Dread Captain Genest yells: Kill them all! No survivors!
- Dread Captain Genest yells: This cannot be! The Vazuvius could never fall to the likes of you!
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-09-16): "Dread Ship Vazuvius should no longer be knocking players back after it has been defeated."
- Hotfix (2013-09-11): "Dread Ship Vazuvius now deals less damage with its Cannon Barrage, the range of its knockback ability has been reduced, and can apply its Eerie Fog effect more readily."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.