- Entangling Roots
- Level 10 druid ability
- 30 yd range
- 6.5% of base mana
- 1.7 sec cast
- Roots the target in place for 30 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect.
Tree of Life: Instant cast
|| [Glyph of Entangling Roots]
- The vines grew angry, as if every weed in Azeroth sought revenge upon those who would destroy their fertile home.
Entangling Roots is a druid root ability. It is learned at level 10.
When a restoration druid is in Tree of Life form, this spell is instant-cast.
Tips and tactics
- Use this spell if you need to run away from an enemy. The enemy may still be able to hit you with ranged attacks, but otherwise, it can't move to attack you.
- Consider using [Nature's Grasp] if you use this spell to run very often.
- Invaluable in PvP against melee classes..
- Use it for crowd control in an instance, if needed.
- Damage done to the target may prematurely end Entangling Roots.
- [Nature's Grasp] is a buff that casts Entangling Roots on the next melee attacker.
- Entangling Roots' cast time may be made instant with [Nature's Swiftness].
- One of the few crowd control spells not subject to creature type restrictions (humanoid, beast, demon, etc.). It is, however, unreliable: It doesn't stop targets from casting spells or using ranged attacks, just from moving, so it is useless against casters and hunter-like NPCs. In addition, any creature that is immune to nature spells, as is common among elementals, is immune to Entangling Roots.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Entangling Roots and the equivalent spell triggered by [Nature's Grasp] no longer deal damage.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Entangling roots is now usable indoors.
- Hotfix (2007-02-14): "Entangling Roots should now affect certain creatures properly."
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): All crowd control effects have a chance each second to break earlier, and their duration is capped at 12 seconds in PvP. The chance increases with resistances and the level difference between the target and the caster.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Entangling Roots now shares the same duration in pvp as other long-duration forms of crowd control (ie: polymorph, fear, sap).
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Now subject to diminishing returns in PvP. This is considered an immobilizing effect.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Entangling Roots: Rank 4 moved to level 38.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Facing requirement removed.