|Title||<Gnawing Hunger of the Deep>|
|Race||Whale shark (Beast)|
|Level||93 Rare elite|
|Location||Circling clockwise offshore of Timeless Isle|
Evermaw is a whale shark circling Timeless Isle.
- 168,410 - 251,515 Damage
- 24,840 Armor
- Devour — Evermaw devours all, instantly killing all enemies who foolishly get in his way. Instant.
- Timeless Rapids — Allows spells and abilities to be used while swimming. "Debuff" cast on players within 40 yards of Evermaw in combat with it.
- Time Rift — Damage done increased by 10%. Haste increased by 10%. Stacking "Debuff" applied to players who swim through white clouds. 15 sec duration
- Time Lock — Dark rifts in time inflict 250,000 Arcane damage and stun enemies for 5 sec.
Before engaging Evermaw, consider killing the cursed hozen swabbies at the sunken pirate ship south of Old Pi'jiu until the drops, then use that key to open the Sunken Treasure chest located in the stern of the ship. Inside the treasure chest is the , which provides a major swim speed boost and water breathing for 15 minutes. The swim speed bit is the important part, as Evermaw will not stop moving faster than base swim speed.
Evermaw itself will not attack people trying to kill it, so the encounter will not require any tanks or healers. However, players in front of Evermaw stand a chance of being Devoured and killed instantly if they get too close to its mouth. The whale shark will also not reset to full health if attackers drop combat by ceasing to attack or getting out of range. By default, Evermaw will "debuff" players with Timeless Rapids, which allows abilities to be cast while swimming. The whale also spawns floating white and purple clouds near its body. Players swimming through white clouds gain the stacking Timeless Rift buff, increasing damage and haste by 10% each stack for 15 seconds. The purple clouds apply Time Lock and will stun players for a few seconds.
Be aware: Evermaw swims in and out of the fatigue area surrounding the Timeless Isle. Melee classes in particular need to be careful not to be so caught up in doing damage that they die of fatigue.
To check whether Evermaw has been looted today, copy and paste this command into the chat window:
If a "1" appears in the chat window, Evermaw has been looted today, and "nil" indicates the reverse.
- Hotfix (2013-10-07): "Evermaw's spawn is no longer tied to Dread Ship Vazuvius."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.