||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes and should probably not be under any other categories.
- Faerie Fire (Feral)
- Level druid ability
- 30 yd range
- 6 sec cooldown
- Instant cast
- Requires Cat Form, Bear Form
- Decreases the armor of the target by 4% for 5 min. While affected, the target cannot stealth or turn invisible. Stacks up to 3 times. Deals (AP * 0.108 + 1) damage and additional threat when used in Bear Form.
Faerie Fire (Feral) is a Druid debuff that reduces the target's armor and prevents it from stealthing and turning invisible. It previously required a talent from the Feral Combat tree, but is now available to all druids. It is the feral version of the normal [Faerie Fire].
It is learned at level 24 for 25 50.
- Unlike its basic version, this spell is immune to all magic reflection abilities as well as the effects of Shaman grounding totems.
- This ability uses spell hit.
- The ability does good threat while in bear and should be used when tanking.
Tips and Tactics
- Cast at the beginning of the battle to decrease the opponents armor so you can kill the enemy faster in Bear form when in melee combat.
- Use against Rogues to eliminate their ability to stealth.
- As it has no rage or energy cost, it can be used every time the cooldown is up, without having any negative effect. This is an excellent tool in keeping aggro and should be used liberally.
- When pulling, use this on a caster before using [Feral Charge] to interrupt their first cast.
- Hotfix (2011-07-06): " [Faerie Fire] and Faerie Fire (Feral) will now remove Stealth, Invisibility, Vanish, Shadowmeld and Prowl from players."
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Base damage has been raised to 2950, up from 679. Attack power scaling has been decreased to 10.8%, down from 15%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Changed from reducing armor by 5% to 4/8/12% (stacks 3 times).
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now decreases armor of your target by 5%. Has a 5-minute duration, and a 40-second PvP duration.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now an 11-point talent, down from being a 21-point talent.