Feast of Winter Veil
|Feast of Winter Veil|
|Duration||December 16th - January 2nd|
|Boss||The Abominable Greench|
Winter Veil gifts
Metzen the Reindeer
The Feast of Winter Veil, also called the feast of Great-Winter, is an in-game, end-of-year, several week long holiday event seeming to be the in-game counterpart of Christmas and other holidays at the end of the year.
Info from the official site
'Twas the feast of Great-Winter
And all through the land
All the races were running
With snowballs in hand.
The cooks were all frantic
And for those "in the know"
Swoops and owls were crashing
Like new-fallen snow.
Cookies and eggnog
Were consumed by all
As the snowballs flew freely
And drunks smashed into walls.
May your feast of Great-Winter
Be one merry and bright
And from all here at Blizzard
We wish you a fun night!
The Feast of Winter Veil is upon us, and Greatfather Winter is busy spreading holiday cheer in major cites across the land! Here are a few holiday treats players can now experience in-game:
- The Jinglepocket Goblins have set up their seasonal fare shops in major cities. Adventurers can purchase many holiday favorites - including Greatfather's Winter ale, candy canes, gingerbread cookie recipes, and mistletoe.
- All the cheer-spreading is making Greatfather Winter hungry, and he is looking for adventurers to get him his daily fix of milk and cookies.
- Smokeywood Pastures needs a few brave adventurers to investigate the disappearance of a shipment of holiday goods traveling though Alterac.
Ever consumed with the research of their origins, the dwarves choose to celebrate the season as a recognition of Greatfather Winter himself. They consider him to be the personification of one of the ancients of Azeroth - the Titans. Much as they claim lineage in one degree or another to these mystical beings, they consider their snowy home of Dun Morogh as the prime example of Greatfather Winter's blessings. The holiday was introduced to the Alliance at large by Muradin Bronzebeard.
The tauren and their shamanistic understanding of winter, along with their recent emergence into druidic endeavors, fit in well with the legend of Winter Veil. They focus almost entirely on the renewing aspects of the lore however, leaving legend worship to those races (as they view it) less in tune with the nature of things. Many tauren choose this time as the right time to give thanks for the blessings of their new home in Mulgore.
- January 2 is the last day of the Feast of Winter Veil.
- Kissing a ' ' under mistletoe will magically create for you 5 sprigs of or 5 ... You can also get (x5), which can be used to transform your mount into a reindeer for thirty minutes...
- There are snow mounds, Holiday Snow, in the snowy parts of the Alterac Mountains and across Dun Morogh during this event. You can pick up off them. They used to have a knock back effect, but that has been changed.
- There are special Hardpacked Snowdrifts in Alterac Valley during this event. You can pick 5 off them. They have a knock back and dismount effect so use them wisely.
- Around this event, Community Manager avatars would become a festive snowman icon, shown to the right.
- The quest  are actually Neutral quests, in that they can be done by players of either faction. If a character has both quests, they can be accomplished at the same time. The difficulty in gaining the quest in the opposing faction's city is... the opposing faction.
- The Winter Wondervolt Machine is available in or just outside of several cities to transform your character's appearance into a Winter Veil gnome. Your gnome outfit is randomly red or green.
Winter Veil presents
While some of the gifts are available to all, you must be at least a certain level to receive others.
|1||1||*5x or 5x|
|2||10|| (in 2007)
and (in 2012)
chance of another recipe
- The Feast of Winter Veil (In-Game Book) (In-Game Book)
There are several special items and plans that are only available during the Feast of Winter Veil.
New for 2012
New for 2011
- The Abominable Greench has been changed, and now generally requires multiple players to kill him. New achievement added: A-Caroling We Will Go. A BoE weapon, , and a new pet, , which have a chance to appear in the . The new present for the year is the .
New for 2010
New for 2009
- Another achievement has been added: / , which is not part of the meta-achievement. The required for this achievement will be found in one of the presents under the tree.
New for 2008
- New for 2008 are Winter Veil World Event achievements.
- The Winter Veil Gift, the Clockwork Rocket Bot, is replaced in 2008 by . The Crashin' Thrashin' Racer is used to combat other Crashin' Thrashin' Racers by crashing into them. The Racer looks like a goblin rocket on wheels.
New for 2007
- Blowing kisses to a can now give you 5 .
- Winter veil of 2007 added a new mechanical vanity pet, the . These little guys attack each other and can be summoned as many times as the player wishes.
- Patterns & Recipes
Due to a bug in the delivery system, only a few people were mailed the new recipes, as it had been intended. This led to some question as to the requirements of getting the new recipes. On December 20, 2007, Kisirani posted on the US official forums that a hotfix had been put in place, making all the new recipes purchasable from in Ironforge, and in Orgrimmar for around 50s each. You do not even need the tradeskill to buy the recipe, but the recipe is BoP. The hotfix was activated on Tuesday, December 25 for all servers.
- - Restores 61 health over 18 secs
- - Used to make Gingerbread Cookies and Winter Veil Egg Nog.
- - Used to make Winter Veil Egg Nog.
- - Throw them around!
- - Cookie that restores 61 health over 18 secs, also gain Well Fed (+2 stam & spirit) for 15 mins
- - Drink that restores 61 health over 18 secs, also gain Well Fed (+2 stam & spirit) for 15 mins.
- - Makes 1 snowball per day.
- - +7 damage with frost spells
- - Blacksmithed 1H Axe
- - Leather gloves
- - +15 frost damage for 30
- - Green Shirt
These quests were removed by the 2011 changes.
|Save Metzen the Reindeer.||10|
|Earn 50 honorable kills as a Little Helper from the Winter Wondervolt machine.||10|
||Throw a at / during the Feast of Winter Veil.||10|
|Complete the [70 Daily] quest while mounted on a flying reindeer during the Feast of Winter Veil.||10|
|While wearing 3 pieces of winter clothing, eat .||10|
|Gain 25 crashes with your Crashin' Thrashin' Racer during the Feast of Winter Veil.||10|
|Complete the quest to retrieve the stolen Smokywood Pastures' stolen treats and receive a Smokywood Pastures' Thank You.||10|
|During the Feast of Winter Veil, use a on each of the race/classcombinations listed below:||10|
||Use on all of your faction's "Brothers" during the Feast of Winter Veil.||10|
|During the Feast of Winter Veil, use your culinary expertise to produce a , and .||10|
|Open one of the presents underneath the Winter Veil tree once they are available.||10|
|During the Feast of Winter Veil, use your to become a snowman and then /dance with another snowman in Dalaran.||10|
||Pelt the enemy leaders listed below.||10|
||Use your Gaudy Winter Veil Sweater to carol in enemy capital cities during the Feast of Winter Veil.||10|
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Added.