|Location||The Furnace, Upper Blackrock Spire
Mount Hyjal, Blackrock Caverns, Blackwing Descent
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
In Blackrock Spire, Einhorn begins:
Finkle Einhorn offers a dialog...
- Whew... I need a smoke and the touch of a fine gnomish woman - not particularly in that order!
- I've been stuck inside the belly of that thing for months! What day is it anyway? Ah, nevermind. All that matters is that I'm finally out.
- WOOO HOOO!
- How?? Well, it's a long story.
- Alrighty then! So I was down at the lava pits of the Molten Span, testing out my lava suit. Everything was going great. I was even able to swim around in that stuff without suffering a single injury!
- So there I am, minding my own business, doing a few backstrokes, when out of nowhere this thing swallows me up whole! Had it not been for my lava suit and built in food pellet dispenser, I would have been done for!
- Say, I sense a measure of disbelief in your voice - but yes, that's how it happened.
- I'm not out of the belly of this beast for more than two minutes and someone is already asking me about my bathroom behavior??? Mister, I'd have smacked you silly for that question had you not been the one to rescue me!
- Anyhow! I'm grateful for the assistance. Maybe I can pay you back?
- Well, maybe 'pay' isn't the best word to use. See, when I was stuck in the belly of that thing, I got to thinking:
- This creature lives in hot, flaming magma and yet it doesn't take a lick of damage from the fire!
- If only I could find a pristine hide from one of these beasts. I could take it back to my dear friend, Malyfous Darkhammer, in Everlook. If anyone could do anything with the hide of a beast like this, it would be him.
- So how about you deliver a message for me?
(The message delivery is the quest mentioned above.)
In Blackwing Descent
- Help! I'm trapped in here.
- Hey, over here!
- A little help?
Speaking to Finkle Einhorn in Blackwing Descent:
- Leaping Leper Gnomes! You're a sight for sore eyes. I was worried the giant magma worm out front would deter visitors. Now that you're here you can give me a hand.
- What? Of course not! I could easily escape this simple contraption, but I'm much too busy. See, a while back I spent a few months inside the belly of a beast...
- It wasn't strictly voluntary, but I discovered something truly incredible. The beast seemed to be able to consume almost anything with no ill effects.
- Exactly. I ran some tests on the residual digestive fluid coating my suit and...
- <Finkle trails off>
- Say, you haven't seen my skinning knife anywhere, have you? I seem to have misplaced it.
No, I, uh, haven't seen it. You were saying?
- Oh yes, the bile; it's amazing stuff. With the proper catalysts it renders anything to which it's applied practically immortal*.
- I've been harvesting it with my reprogrammed Bile-O-Tron 800 and I'm certain I've got the mixture right this time. I just need a few volunteers to test it out against a suitable creature. What do you say, friend?
- 'Immortality subject to certain restrictions.
- Oops! That lever activates the Bile-O-Tron. Oh, and if you happen to come across a key...
During the Encounter:
- Poor little fella...
- Whoa oh, he looks pretty mad now!
After the Encounter:
- Great job guys! The key should be in his gut somewhere just uhh...Fish around in there till you find it.
- Well thanks for freeing me! I often have more amazing adventures!
- Finkle's name is a reference to the film Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, wherein Ace finds that Ray Finkle had assumed the identity of a female detective Lois Einhorn.
- Finkle also begins some dialogue with the phrase "Alrighty then," Ace's catchphrase from the same film.
- Einhorn is the German word for Unicorn, an appropriate name for one who searches for rare things.
- One of the Saurfang 'facts' is that he once got so mad at a gnome that he hurled it across the Great Sea and into Blackrock Spire, where the Beast ate him.
|Blackrock Spire||Mount Hyjal||Blackrock Caverns||Blackwing Descent|