- Frostfire Bolt
- Level 1 mage ability
- 40 yd range
- 4% of base mana
- 2.75 sec cast
- Launches a bolt of frostfire at the enemy, causing (X + 150% of spell power) Frostfire damage and slowing the target by 40% for 8 sec.
|| [Glyph of Frostfire Bolt]
|| [Brain Freeze]
- "Fire so hot it numbs, and frost so cold it burns." —Suvok Frozeneye 
Frostfire Bolt is a mage ability, learned at level 1. It deals direct Frostfire damage and slows the target by 40% for 9 seconds.
Frostfire Bolt is used by both Fire and Frost mages:
- Fire mages use Frostfire Bolt as a primary nuke in place of [Fireball].
- For Frost Mages, Frostfire Bolt is the strongest snare in their spell archive, and procs from [Brain Freeze].
Before Cataclysm, Frostfire Bolt enabled mages to play an Elementalist spec. With the talent changes in patch 4.0.1, is is no longer possible.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Movement speed reduction duration reduced from 9 to 8 sec. No longer checks against the lower of the target's Frost and Fire resists.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Mana cost has been reduced to 9% of base mana.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer causes additional damage over 9 sec. Casting time reduced to 2.5 sec, down from 3 sec. Now costs 16% of base mana, up from 14% of base mana. Now deals 700 to 893 damage, up from 722 to 838.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.