|Title||<The Last Blood of Galakrond>|
|Location||Siege of Orgrimmar|
Galakras is the fifth boss of Siege of Orgrimmar. It is Warlord Zaela's proto-drake and a descendant of Galakrond. The encounter involves splitting the raid into two groups: one that aides the faction leaders at the beach while the second takes the towers to bring down Galakras.
Warlord Zaela formed a close bond with Garrosh during events in the Twilight Highlands, and she and her Dragonmaw orcs have pledged loyalty to Garrosh's cause. Riding atop the fearsome Galakras, a direct descendant of the cataclysmic progenitor of all dragonkind, Zaela oversees the naval defense of Orgrimmar.
What better way to begin a war-themed wing than by storming enemy beach emplacements? We wanted the focus of this encounter to be on splitting your raid up to secure enemy towers and anti-air weaponry while holding off waves of attackers, and Galakras himself serves as more of a capstone on the experience.
Prelude: Clear the Landing
The naval ships cannot land while the beachfront is still fortified with cannons. Take out the cannons to secure the landing.
Phase 1: Bring Her Down!
Warlord Zaela sends her finest Dragonmaw soldiers to battle. Two guardians keep watch over the Towers above, protecting the Anti-Air turrets. Defeating these guardians will give players access to the Anti-Air Turrets. Two well-timed Anti-Air turret shots will send Galakras spiraling towards the ground.
- Ranking Officials
- Shattering Strike — With a mighty swing, Thranok inflicts 100% normal damage to his primary target and additional nearby targets.
- Crusher's Call — High Enforcer Thranok lashes out with chains, hooking 5 random players within 45 yards and pulls them to his feet. In Heroic Difficulty, High Enforcer Thranok hooks 10 random players. Afterwards, Thranok rears back to execute his savage attack, Skull Cracker, that inflicts 1600000 Physical damage to all players within 10 yards.
- Poison-Tipped Blades — Korgra's poison-tipped dagger inflicts 9750 to 10250 Nature damage every 1 sec. to her primary target. This effect stacks.
- Poison Cloud — Korgra shatters a vial of poison, causing a smoky poison cloud to coalesce at her feet. This poison cloud inflicts 73125 to 76875 Nature damage every 1 second to players standing within.
- Curse of Venom — When her health falls low, Korgra's Curse of Venom takes effect. She will take the form of a snake, casting a deadly poison bolt volley until she is defeated.
- Dragonmaw Ebon Stalker — Upon Korgra's command, these stealthed units will emerge from the shadows behind a random target, stabbing wildly. Any victims standing within range of the blows will suffer critical Physical damage.
- Foot Soldiers
- Dragonmaw Bonecrusher — These deadly warriors will charge to a random target, stunning them. While stunned, they will perform a barrage of deadly attacks to the victim.
- Fracture — The Dragonmaw Bonecrusher charges to a distant Faction Leader, stunning them and inflicting 5% of the leader's health every 5 sec.
- Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman — The Dragonmaw Tidal shaman will cast healing spells on their allies, and summon violent Tidal waves to damage their enemies.
- Healing Tide Totem — The Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman summons a totem at the Shaman's feet that heals nearby allies for 20% of their total health every 3 seconds for 12 sec.
- Dragonmaw Flameslinger — These deadly archers shoot fire-tipped arrows at random players. The effect inflicts Fire damage on impact, and then burns the ground and any players standing within.
- Dragonmaw Grunt — Dragonmaw Grunts wade into battle, crushing their enemies with devastating blows. They will also hurl a mighty axe at distant enemies.
- Dragonmaw Proto-Drake — Dragonmaw Proto-Drakes channel a frontal cone of flame on their enemies.
- Dragonmaw Flagbearer — Dragonmaw Flagbearers inspire those around them, dropping a banner that increases melee, ranged, and spell casting speed by 57%. It also increases damage dealt by 55% for all friendly targets within 15 yards for 2 min.
- Kor'kron Demolisher — Warlord Zaela turns her seige weapons against her own towers, bombarding those inside. Bombard inflicts 175,000 Physical damage and knocks down players inside the bombarded tower.
- Dragonmaw Bonecrusher — These deadly warriors will charge to a random target, stunning them. While stunned, they will perform a barrage of deadly attacks to the victim.
- Allies —
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner — Lady Sylvanas fires with precision at her enemies, occasionally awakening the dead to do her bidding.
- Archmage Aethas Sunreaver —
- Flamestrike — Aethas calls down a flamestrike that lasts 20 sec., inflicting 600,000 Fire damage every 2 sec. to all enemies in a selected area.
- Lor'themar Theron — Lor'themar fights with fervor charging enemies with his blade, the Great Sword of the Sin'dorei, and picking off stragglers with his enchanted bow.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore —
- Blizzard — Jaina calls down a blizzard that lasts 20 sec., inflicting 600,000 Frost damage every 1 sec. to all enemies in a selected area.
- Vereesa Windrunner — Vereesa Windrunner fires with precision at her enemies, occasionally striking multiple enemies.
- King Varian Wrynn — King Varian Wrynn devastates his enemies with a storm of swords. He will occasionally taunt enemies to engage them face-to-face.
- Demolition Crew — The Demolition crew will attempt to breach the doors barring the Anti-Air towers. If they are not protected, then the door breaching progress will be interrupted.
Phase 2: Galakras, The Last of His Progeny
- Flames of Galakrond — Galakras spews the raw Flames of Galakrond at a random player. Each player through which it passes will suffer 50000 Fire damage every 1 second. However, each player it passes through will decrease the severity of the flames, reducing the damage it deals to subsequent players. When the ball of flame reaches its final destination it will erupt, inflicting 195000 to 205000 Fire damage to all players. This damage is also reduced in severity for each player that diminishes the Flame.
- Pulsing Flames — Galakras erupts with molten fury, inflicting 24375 to 25625 Fire damage to all players. Each pulse increases Galakras' Fire damage dealt by 2%.
Before the pull, the raid leader will need to assign a tower team to take control of both towers. 10-man groups will typically send one tank, one healer and two DPS to take the towers; groups with more players will need to send more healers and DPS as necessary. A general guideline to use is 40%-50% of the raid on tower duty, though this will vary with each specific raid team (some groups have reported success with sending all DPS to take the first tower while only leaving a tank and a handful of healers behind, with a "standard-sized" team then taking the second tower).
Speaking to the relevant faction leader will begin the encounter.
Handling Ground Adds
Most of the abilities dealt by the adds will be handled in obvious ways (don’t stand in the fire!). However, there are some general guidelines to follow:
- Dragonmaw Bonecrushers and Dragonmaw Tidal Shamans should be AoE-ed with any smaller adds, due to their higher health.
- Dragonmaw Bonecrushers should be kept stunned as much as possible, due to the damage that they deal to faction leaders (which will wipe the group).
- Dragonmaw Tidal Shamans should be kept interrupted as much as possible, and their Healing Tide Totems killed as soon as they appear.
- Banners dropped by the Dragonmaw Flagbearers must be taken out immediately.
When a tower is about to open up, a mini-boss will spawn. Korgra the Snake will spawn with the southern tower, and simply needs to be nuked before she nukes the raid; players must however be careful to move away from the Dragonmaw Ebon Stalkers that she brings when they teleport behind raid members to avoid being one-shotted. High Enforcer Thranok will spawn with the northern tower, and needs to be faced away as he performs a cleave attack. Raid members need to get out of Skull Cracker range when Thranok uses this ability, as this another one-shot.
Adds should be tanked and killed close to the NPCs (in particular, position them in Flamestrike/Blizzard), as the NPC's contribution to damage done is not insignificant.
Once a tower opens up, a Kor’kron Demolisher will spawn and fire projectiles at the tower. The Demolisher will need to be taken out urgently, as it will deal heavy damage to raid members in the tower (thus preventing them from doing their job).
Only once the Demolisher is down can the tower team proceed to take the tower. The team will need to fight their way to the top, where they will encounter a mini-boss (Lieutenant Krugruk on the southern tower, Master Cannoneer Dagryn on the northern tower). These mini-bosses are simple to deal with provided that players are quick to avoid their frontal cone attacks. Once the tower is cleared, one raid member can remain behind to use the Anti-Air Turret to kill the Dragonmaw Proto-Drakes flying above the raid.
The towers open up on a fixed schedule: the southern one will open 2 minutes into the encounter, and the northern run will open 2 minutes and 30 seconds after that.
Transitioning into Phase 2
The raid can only transition into Phase 2 once both towers are controlled by the raid. To transition, one raid member will need to enter each tower, and will need to simultaneously fire at Galakras (one turret alone is not sufficient, and neither is non-synchronized shooting with both turrets – both turrets must be fired at the same time). Doing so causes her to land and starts Phase 2.
It is important that these raid members only bring Galakras down once the ground is reasonably clear of adds, as bringing the boss down just after a new wave of adds spawns will result in an extremely problematic Phase 2.
The second phase is a simple burn phase with a soft enrage, reminiscent of the second phase of Beth'tilac in the Firelands. The raid will need to expend all damage cooldowns (including / / ) to kill Galakras before the stacking damage of Pulsing Flames becomes unhealable. As with Phase 1, the NPC's contribution towards damage done could mean the difference between a kill and a wipe, so Galakras should be positioned within range of the NPCs.
The main difficulty in this phase is handling Flames of Galakrond. The best way to handle this is for the tanks to face Galakras away, and for everyone else to stack up directly behind the boss in melee range, to allow AoE healing to benefit as many players as possible. When a player is targeted by a fireball, he merely has to step back and drop it a few yards behind the group. This will cause the fire balls to pass through as many raid members as possible, reducing the raid-wide damage that it deals when it hits the targeted player. The only caveat is the fire DoT that the ball applies to soakers; if the DoT stacks too high, players will simply need to run out of the group until their stacks expire, at which point they can safely return.
Tanks have a DoT of their own that they will need to handle through standard tank switching.
Some players recommend having the melee on the boss, and the ranged be about 30 yards behind the melee. However, this makes healing more difficult, as it reduces the benefit of AoE healing, and it forces melee players to run back much farther to drop the fireball if they get targeted. The fireball does not seem to prefer non-melee, as other players have suggested.
Achievement: The Immortal Vanguard
|( · · · · )||Plate wrist||Strength tank|
|( · · · · )||Cloth feet||Intellect DPS|
|( · · · · )||Mail waist||Agility DPS|
|( · · · · )||Bow||Agility DPS|
|( · · · · )||Mail wrist||Agility DPS|
|( · · · · )||Leather wrist||Spirit|
|( · · · · )||Staff||Spirit|
|( · · · · )||Trinket||Strength DPS|
|( · · · · )||Finger||Intellect DPS|
|( · · · · )||Cloth head||Intellect DPS|
|( · · · · )||Finger||Strength tank|
|( · · · · )||Mail hands||Intellect DPS|
|( · · · · )||Leather hands||Agility DPS|
|( · · · · )||Plate shoulder||Strength DPS|
|( · · · · )||Cloth wrist||Intellect DPS|
|( · · · · )||Cloth shoulder||Spirit|
|( · · · · )||Cloth feet||Spirit|
|( · · · · )||Plate wrist||Spirit|
|( · · · · )||Finger||Agility DPS|
|( · · · · )||Plate head||Strength DPS|
|( · · · · )||Leather feet||Agility DPS|
|( · · · · )||Plate legs||Spirit|
- Prologue (Alliance)
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: High King! I've brought reinforcements.
- King Varian Wrynn says: You heroes are a sight for sore eyes. Vol'jin's rebellion wasn't able to secure the bay. We're taking a pounding.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I can open a portal to the docks... large enough to get a strike team through.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Do it! Once the area is clear we will make landfall. Champions, I'm counting on you.
- Prologue (Horde)
- Lor'themar Theron says: Bladefist Bay is fortified -- by the Sunwell, we're getting slaughtered!
- Lor'themar Theron says: Heroes. Port over to the docks and take out their shore defenses. Put a stop to this bloodshed.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: I can raise your dead, Regent-Lord. Your rangers can fight again.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Sylvanas! You will leave our corpses alone, or I will deal with you here and now.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: I'm sorry to see your lack of commitment... What of the human corpses?
- Lor'themar Theron says: ... well, I suppose that's between you and the Alliance, isn't it?
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Rise, my angels! Let your screams fill the streets of Orgrimmar with TERROR!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Garrosh really has gone all-out this time, hasn't he? I expected more spikes, honestly.
- Landfall start
- Warlord Zaela yells: Fools! These docks are under Dragonmaw control! Your ships will burn and you with them!
- Warlord Zaela yells: Reinforcements to the docks! Lok'tar Ogar!
- Landfall concluded
- Warlord Zaela yells: You think you have won? We are orcs! Pure of blood, commanded by the greatest Warchief who ever lived! Your blood will fill this bay!
- Intro (Alliance)
- (A ship sails in from the fleet to the dock, and the Alliance forces teleport over to the mainland.)
- Speaking to Jaina Proudmoore to begin the fight (first attempt)
- Great job taking out those cannons, hero. Are you ready to settle this for good?
- Speaking to Varian Wrynn to begin the fight (subsequent attempts)
- Here we are, at the precipice of war. Signal to me when your troops are in order and I will issue the command to attack.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Well done! Landing parties, form up! Footmen to the front!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: The Dragonmaw are supporting the Warchief.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Yes. My scouts learned all about this one. "Warlord Zaela". Bring her proto-drake down and the rest of the Dragonmaw will crumble.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: We're going to need some serious firepower.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Commandeer those towers! Turn the anti-air batteries around and blast her from the sky!
- King Varian Wrynn says: Some of you should stay behind to hold the landing zone.
- Intro (Horde)
- Lor'themar Theron says: Well done. The first brigade has made landfall.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: I see the Dragonmaw have thrown in their lot with Garrosh.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: My arrows alone cannot bring that monstrosity down.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Strategy, dark lady. We should repurpose the shore defenses.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Heroes, take the towers, turn the guns onto that proto-drake, and blast it from the sky!
- Lor'themar Theron says: Some of you will need to stay behind to hold the beachhead.
- Warlord Zaela yells: Dragonmaw clan, retake the docks and push them into the sea! In the name of Hellscream and the True Horde!
- (The Demolitions Expert run off to the north tower.)
- Demolitions Assistant says: Wait for me!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: Here they come!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Bring her down quick so I can wrap my fingers around her neck.
- Foot Soldiers
- Warlord Zaela yells: Next squad, push forward!
- Warlord Zaela yells: Dragonmaw, advance!
- Warlord Zaela yells: For Hellscream!
- Warlord Zaela yells: For the True Horde!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: I've conjured a Blizzard, lead them into it!
- Archmage Aethas Sunreaver yells: I'm summoning a flamestrike, lead them into it!
- Assistance required
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: Help me!
- King Varian Wrynn yells: I can't take much more of this!
- Lor'themar Theron yells: I require assistance!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: I will not fall. Not here, not now!
- Tower breached
- Warlord Zaela yells: They breached a tower, bring it down!
- Warlord Zaela yells: Turn their siege weapons to attack that tower and bury them alive!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: She's turning her siege weapons on her own towers!
- Lor'themar Theron yells: She seems to be assaulting her own towers!
- You dare try to take my tower? Hahaha...
- Arcing Smash
- I am Dragonmaw, I am the blood of the Dragon and the fist of the Horde!
- You... cannot win... this war...
Master Cannoneer Dagryn
- Light the fuses! They will not leave this tower alive!
- Muzzle Spray
- Is that all you got?
- At least... I die... with honor...
- 1st Tower taken
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: One down, one to go!
- Lor'themar Theron yells: We are halfway there!
- 2nd Tower taken
- King Varian Wrynn yells: That's both of them! Fire the cannons!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: And there goes the other one.
- To the Ground!
- Warlord Zaela yells: Ahhhhhhh!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: It worked! The Proto-drake is falling!
- Lor'themar Theron yells: Sometimes I impress even myself. And down goes the dragon!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: You do realize we are directly below it, right?
- Hero slain
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: I... can't... go on...
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore falls to her knees in defeat. Your army retreats.
- King Varian Wrynn yells: Jaina! You ORCISH SCUM!
- King Varian Wrynn yells: Anduin...
- King Varian Wrynn falls to his knees in defeat. Your army retreats.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: Varian! No! Varian!!
- Vereesa Windrunner falls to her knees in defeat. Your army retreats.
- Lor'themar Theron yells: W...where...is this blood coming from?
- Lor'themar Theron falls to his knees in defeat. Your army retreats.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: I can't wait to see the look on his face when I animate his corpse. We'd better win this battle!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: I will... rise... again...
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner falls to her knees in defeat. Your army retreats.
- Lor'themar Theron yells: Oh my, what has overcome our Dark Lady?
- Archmage Aethas Sunreaver falls to his knees in defeat. Your army retreats.
- Outro (Alliance)
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: We've done it!
- King Varian Wrynn yells: Ha! The bigger they are...
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: We'll hold the docks for the remaining landing parties. Follow the path to the gates of Orgrimmar, and make contact with Vol'jin and his revolutionaries.
- King Varian Wrynn yells: We will see if he has managed to keep up his end of the bargain.
- Varian and Jaina walk back down the dock to the ship.
- Outro (Horde)
- Lor'themar Theron yells: Finally! I will never get all of this dust out of my robes.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Oh, you're still here? I had kind of hoped you perished. You would make a very attractive corpse.
- Lor'themar Theron yells: I will take that as a compliment. We'll hold the docks for now and marshal the forces. Vol'jin should await you at the gates of Orgrimmar.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: If he's not dead.
This encounter is the first time Aethas Sunreaver is seen without his signature armor, revealing his face.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-02-04): "Resolved an issue where players that perform a soft-reset on the raid instance after defeating Galakras would incorrectly zone into the raid at Norushen."
- Hotfix (2014-01-21): "Reduced health on various ranking officials (High Enforcer Thranok and Korgra the Snake) and foot soldiers (Dragonmaw Bonecrusher, Dragonmaw Flagbearer, and Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman) by about 15% on Flexible and 10-player Normal difficulties."
- Hotfix (2013-11-04): "
- Master Cannoneer Dagryn, High Enforcer Thranok, and Lieutenant Krugruk now have less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Dragonmaw Flameslinger's Flame Arrows now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman's Chain Heal now heals for 5% of health (down from 10%) on Raid Finder difficulty."
- Hotfix (2013-10-21): "The portal leading back to the Vault of Y'Shaarj can no longer be used while in combat."
- Hotfix (2013-10-16): "Reduced the health of ranking officials and foot soldiers in Phase 1 of the encounter on 10-player Normal difficulty."
- Hotfix (2013-10-02): "Galakras should no longer be able to be damaged or debuffed before landing in Phase 2."
- Hotfix (2013-09-19): "Resetting the Galakras encounter should no longer cause doors to the towers to remain closed."
- Hotfix (2013-09-13): "
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.