Earth giant (Draenor)
Little is known about the earth giants of Draenor (presumably "grom" in Orcish), other than the facts that they lived on the world of Draenor, they had two eyes, and their skeleton is human-like but very large. The earth giants are the ancestors of the gronn. Whatever they were, the only signs of their passing are the Temples of the Damned built during the Second War, which were all destroyed.
Temple of the Damned
The Temple of the Damned structure was said to be "formed from petrified carcasses of the race of giants that inhabited the Orcish homeworld." These structures would later be used by the Scourge and the Forsaken in the Undercity.
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
The Horde Player's Guide says that "ogres were one of the last races of Draenor's giants." This is implying that there has been more than one race of giants that have lived on Draenor, which was later confirmed.
- They are likely referred to as "grom" in Orcish, which sounds similar to "gronn". This comes from the shared root word of both Grombolar, or "bowels of the giant" and Grommash, or "giant's heart".
- Despite the further usage of the Temples of the Damned by the Scourge and the Forsaken, the actual bones likely were not continued to be used. The fifth issue of the Warcraft magazine states that all of the Temples of the Damned were destroyed, making the comment that the Scourge "reclaimed this powerful edifice" either not literal, or with much more repairs done than implied.
- ^ a b World of Warcraft: The Magazine Volume 2 Issue 1
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment. Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness Manual, 84.
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos Manual, 106.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. World of Warcraft manual, 189.
- ^ Bennie, Scott; Richard Farrese, Bob Fitch. Horde Player's Guide, 154-156. ISBN 9781588467720.
- ^ Text on the Monument to Grom Hellscream