Archaeologist and explorer
Harrison Jones is an archaeologist and explorer, much like his namesake. Initially a simple joke character, Jones has become a reoccurring character with added significance, particularly during the Uldum storyline. His companions often include Adarrah, Samir and Budd Nedreck. He has a well documented fear of rats.
This section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
Jones first appeared as a level 70 NPC located inside Zul'Aman. Upon entering Zul'Aman, the inner gate into the city was shut; speaking to Jones would cause him to don his hat (another Indy trademark), shout out and run over to the gong near the door. He and five players needed to hit the gong (a channeled effect, like summoning) until it stopped moving; shortly thereafter the gates would open, beginning the 20-minute timed event.
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
Though previously thought to have been killed by the sudden ambush of Amani trolls, Harrison Jones returned in Northrend. He can be found in the crypt of the Drakil'jin Ruins in the eastern Grizzly Hills. He decided to leave the place and asks the adventurer if they wanted to follow him. In the crypt, he freed Adarrah and defeated giant cobra Tecahuna. Once Harrison saves the adventurer, Jones disappears from sight.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
|This section is a lore stub.|
It is later discovered that Jones took up a job as an archaeology teacher in Stormwind. Until one day, Explorer Mowi informs him about the Masters' Gate which Deathwing was trying to use as a weapon. Before deciding to go to Uldum, he sends an Alliance soldier to meet up with Adarrah.
Shortly after this, Harrison finds a mule and travels to Uldum on a Mule and is encountered at Khartut's Tomb, searching for the Coffer of the Promise. Moments before arming some explosives, pygmy shoots at Harrison's mule which forces the adventurer to hit a brazier and light the explosive. Terrified, Harrison and the adventurer jump into two nearby chests. After crushing into another pygmy, they ended up at the Obelisk of the Stars. To their luck, they discover titan tablet which tell him that the obelisk are what kept the land hidden. He also discovers that the way to recharge it is by using the . Going inside the Chamber of the Stars, he learns that the statues house four orbs and he decided to topple them.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Jones can be briefly seen in the Silvershard Mines on a mine track heading north.
Obelisk of the Stars questline
Obelisk of the Sun questline
Schnottz's Landing questline
Vir'sar and beyond questline
Temple of Uldum questline
- Archaeology is the search for fact. Not truth.
- If it's truth you're interested in, Cuddy Nordlinger's Philosophy class is right down the hall.
- Janric Moller, Lana Dubing and Darnella Winford laughs.
- So forget any ideas you've got about lost cities, exotic travel and digging up the world.
- Seventy percent of all archaeology is done in library. Research. Reading.
- We cannot afford to take mythology at the face value.
- Lana Dubing flutters her eyelashes on Harrison Jones.
- Ahem! Well... ah, next week: "Tanaris." Starting with the excavation of Broken Pillar by Marvon Rivetseeker in Year 22.
- I will be here doing research if anybody's got any problems for the next hour and a half.
- His name is a reference to actor Harrison Ford and one of his better known roles, world-renowned adventurer Indiana Jones. His Horde counterpart, Belloc Brightblade, is a reference to Indiana's nemesis in Raiders of the Lost Ark, René Belloq.
- His quotes in Stormwind Keep are nearly identical to Ford's lines in Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade.
- He was set to appear in Vashj'ir, but those plans were scrapped during the Cataclysm beta.
- His appearance in Silvershard Mines may be a reference to the mine cart action scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
|Harrison Jones storyline in Uldum|
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now an Archaeology trainer in Stormwind and quest giver in Uldum.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now a neutral NPC in Northrend.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Added.
|Zul'Aman||Grizzly Hills||Stormwind Keep||Uldum|