||Closed Beta - 16 August, 2013
Open Beta - 21 January, 2014
||126.96.36.19982 (Closed Beta)
188.8.131.5282 (Open Beta)
||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X (current)
iPad, Android, iPhone, Windows 8 Touch (planned)
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a free-to-play, digital card game based on the World of Warcraft TCG set in the Warcraft universe. It was announced on March 22, 2013 at PAX East 2013. Players choose to play as one of nine epic Warcraft heroes, and then take turns playing cards from their customizable decks to cast potent spells, use heroic weapons or abilities, or summon powerful characters to crush their opponent.
The game was in the closed beta phase which the test began in the Americas region on August 16th 2013, and in the European region on September 4th 2013. The game will also be available in China. Open beta is planned for December, 2013.
Open Beta was delayed and Closed beta was planned to end sometime during January, 2014. Open beta was active on January 21st, 2014. This allowed any battle.net players to join the beta free! The beta phase is planning to come to an end.
- Play Mode: Dual opponents online to boost your medal ranking and earn packs of cards. Whether you’re a grizzled veteran, curious newcomer, or fall somewhere in between, our matchmaking system will pit you against worthy competition.
- The Arena: Put your skills to the test in this mode where deck-building is half the fun. You’ll be presented with a series of card choices from which you must forge your deck, and then you’ll bring that deck into battle against other duelists. In addition to having a chance to win card packs as prizes if you duel well, all participants will keep the cards they selected for their Arena deck.
- Practice Mode: Hone your skills and test out new deck ideas against basic or expert AI opponents, and unlock eight playable heroes in the process.
- Friendly Duels: Want to challenge your buddy to a quick match (or just show off your shiny new cards)? Hearthstone is connected to Battle.net, so you’ll be able to fire up a game with a friend right from your friends list. Talk about Hearthstone strategy as well with our added friends chat feature!
- Collection Manager: Peruse your ever-expanding card collection and build a variety of custom decks to suit all kinds of strategies. If you’re new to deck-building, you can also get guided help here on how to fill out your deck for competitive play.
- Crafting: Disenchant those extra cards in your collection to receive arcane dust, the building block used to construct Hearthstone cards. You can then use this dust to craft the cards needed to complete one or more of your decks or your overall collection.
- Quests: Immerse yourself in new, ever-changing quests that you can complete to acquire valuable Gold. New Quests await you every day!
- Gold: Use your hard-earned Gold to purchase more packs of cards to complete your collection. Gold can also be used to gain entry into The Arena!
- Leveling system: Have a favorite class? Level them up to new heights to gain basic and Golden basic cards the more you play. Gain experience for any game you play, win or lose - you’ll gain additional experience for a well-fought victory.
- Players may choose from a variety of gameboards. Those currently known are Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Pandaria, and Stranglethorn Vale.
- The layout of the interface is roughly as follows:
- The player's hand is in the bottom center, with all cards face-up. The opponent's hand is top center, with cards face-down.
- The player's hero is centered directly above this. The enemy's hero is likewise centered on the opposite end of the board.
- Hero Power is to the right of the player's hero. Any 'resource is to the right of the player's cards.
- The player's deck is placed to the right of the screen near the End Turn button.
- A history of players is to the left of the interface.
- Minion cards are played in the center of the board against the opponent.
The official icon of Hearthstone.
- The game will initially be released for PC and Mac, with iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows 8 Touch versions coming some time after.
- The game will be easy to pick up, but have a good amount of depth and complexity.
- The board is 3D, with lots of animations to make gameplay more exciting.
- There will be nearly 400 cards with the initial launch.
- You can purchase more card packs with gold or real money, or slowly earn them through gameplay.
- There will be Basic and Expert cards, with Expert cards being broken down into the rarities Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary.
- You’re guaranteed to receive at least one card of rare or better quality per pack.
- Each card in the pack also has a chance to upgrade to a “Golden” version of the same card, featuring special animations.
- Disenchant cards that you don't want to receive dust, which is used to craft new cards.
- There is a deck builder, which can build decks for you, or you can build your own.
- The game will be a 1v1 game using Battle.net matchmaking.
- Playing will allow you to earn medals every week.
- You can also play against AI at different levels of difficulty.
- The game currently features the 9 playable classes from vanilla World of Warcraft. The death knight and monk classes will be added in the future.
Please put any available images here.