High Priestess Kilnara
High Priestess Kilnara
|Race||Jungle troll (Humanoid)|
|Relative(s)||High Priestess Arlokk (sister)|
High Priestess Kilnara is a boss of the level 85 version of Zul'Gurub.
High Priestess Kilnara is the new High Priestess of the Primal God Bethekk, the goddess panther, and has taken her predecessor's place in the Temple of Bethekk. After the Zandalari pledge to aid Gurubashi reach their former greatness, the Gurubashi begin attacking Stranglethorn and Kilnara was personally responsible for sending panthers to attack Grom'gol Base Camp and the Rebel Camp. She also sent the panther Mauti to attack the hunters at Nesingwary's Expedition.
Kilnara seems to spend most of her time cherishing the memory of her sister and becomes enraged when adventurers interrupt her mourning.
When High Priestess Arlokk was killed, the panther loa Bethekk chose her sister, Kilnara, as her new mortal champion. Supporting the recent pact between the Gurubashi and Zandalar tribes, Kilnara has unleashed her savage panther minions on the region's unsuspecting denizens.
Attacks & Abilities
Stage One: No. NO! Get Out!
- Shadow bolt — Hurls a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting 11050 to 14950 Shadow damage.
- Wave of Agony — A crushing wave of agony sweeps across enemies in front of the caster, dealing Shadow damage and knocking them back.
- Tears of Blood — Glittering trails of blood stream from the caster's eyes, inflicting 8500 to 11500 Shadow damage to all units within 12 yards.
- Wail of Sorrow — 40 yd range. A dark wail of sorrow inflicts 18500 to 21500 damage to enemies.
- Lash of Anguish — Lashes an enemy, inflicting 1 Shadow damage, and then 18500 to 21500 Shadow damage every second for 10 sec.
Stage Two: The True Might of Bethekk
At 50% remaining life, High Priestess Kilnara transforms into the Avatar of Bethekk and awakens any remaining sleeping panthers.
- Pride of Bethekk — Kilnara's sixteen panthers are in a dark slumber, but can be awoken by any offensive ability or spell once the battle begins.
High Priestess Kilnara will do relatively light tank damage while in her Troll phase. Her main sources of damage are two interruptable abilities, Shadowbolt and Tears of Blood. If you can only interrupt one, interrupt Tears of Blood if you have any melee (AoE pulse damage). Range should stand out of range of the damage. She will periodically cast Wave of Agony, turning towards someone before unleashing the cast. This cannot be interrupted but can be avoided (large purple wave moving across the floor). Party should be spread out in an arc or ring around her to minimize Wave of Agony damage. At 50% she shifts into a Panther phase doing much increased physical damage, which stacks rapidly over time, as well as unleashing several non-avoidable party-wide damage abilities, including a "Cave In" effect on the room.
Surrounding Kilnara are panther pens each containing four panthers. You must kill these panthers before Kilnara enters Phase 2, as any panthers left alive will come to her aid. The fight is basically not healable if the panthers are up in phase 2. The tank can go around waking up an entire pen and they can be aoe'd down, or if the damage is too heavy you can wake them up one-by-one, but pay attention to the boss health and don't let her hit phase 2 with any panthers up.
Once she hits 50% health, blow all DPS cooldowns and try to get her down as fast as possible. Tank and healer should try to save mitigation cooldowns for later in phase 2 because her damage increases over time. Healers should try to be at or near full mana at the 50% mark. Ranged should continue to try to stay at least 20 yards away from the boss, although there is no reason to stay spread out from each other at this point, so group up to maximize aoe heal efficiency. This fight is a dps/healer check (one successful attempt ending with all of the party at ~15% health had 12k HPS overall).
An alternate strategy with a well geared Demonology lock is too ignore the panthers until phase 2. This way all panthers wake up and will attack(usually the healer, Threat reduction/HoP is useful). The AoE should be able to kill all the cats within seconds making a much faster kill than the traditional strategy.
- No. NO! Get out! Leave me here with the memory of my sister!
- Killing a Player
- I told you to leave!
- I have sworn to protect this place.
- Killing a Player in Panther Form
- Ha! You are nothing but a plaything!
- Share in my pain!
- Casting Wave of Agony
- Feel my agony!
- What have you done? I can't... control... RRAAAARRRGHHH!
- Kilnara transforms into the Avatar of Bethekk.
- Haaa ha ha haa! Now, heathens... face the TRUE might of Bethekk!
- It did not have to end this way!
- This body is useless!