- For Skeletal horse mounts, see Skeletal horse mounts.
Horse mounts are largely Alliance only mounts. Horse mounts, in this case, includes those horses that are summoned from another plane (Felsteeds), and those that are embodiments of spirits (Paladin's Chargers, Death Knight's Deathchargers).
Stormwind Horse Breeders Quotes
- Neutral non-human
- Sorry, but I am not disposed to sell horses to any individual who is not considered to be at least exalted to the Kingdom of Stormwind. These steeds are the finest you'll find anywhere, and we certainly wouldn't want them in the hands of our enemies.
- Not saying you're an enemy, of course... just earn the trust of Stormwind and then we can do business.
- Friendly and above non-human
- Years of quality breeding techniques and plenty of care allow me the privilege of showing you these horses! Please, take your time as you consider them for your mount. A horse is a companion for the ages, friend. Don't sell yourself short - get your steed here today!
Factional mounts: Apprentice
You can purchase these mounts from several vendors:
- <Horse Breeder> at Theramore Isle in Dustwallow Marsh
- <Horse Breeder> at the Eastvale Logging Camp in Elwynn Forest
- <Horse Breeder> outside Old Town in Stormwind City
- <Horse Breeder> in Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands
Factional mounts: Journeyman
You can purchase these mounts from Katie Hunter, Katie Stokx or Gregor MacVince, so long as your character has riding skill of 150 (obtainable at level 40). They are reputation restricted like the apprentice mounts.
Gilneas Mountain Horses
These horses have several differences from that of the Stormwind horse mounts. Mountain horses are slightly larger than the other horse mounts, and do not rear up and neigh for their mount special. Instead, mountain horses lean down to graze. They do not have saddles, and have slightly touched up model skins.
As with the normal Mountain horse, you can purchase the Swift Mountain Horse from Astrid Langstrump so long as your character has riding skill of 150 (obtainable at level 40). They are reputation restricted like the apprentice mounts.
Class specific mounts
Human, dwarf, and blood elf paladins gain the ability to summon a warhorse (apprentice level mount) at level 20, and a Charger (Journeyman level mount) at level 40. (Draenei and tauren paladins get different mounts.)
Alliance Warhorse (Humans, dwarves)
Thalassian Warhorse (Blood elves)
Alliance Charger (Humans, dwarves)
Thalassian Charger (Blood elves)
Warlocks gain the ability to summon a Felsteed (apprentice level mount) at level 20, and a Dreadsteed (journeyman level mount) at level 40.
Other Horse mounts
The Black War Steed is available from <War Mount Quartermaster> in Stormwind for Honor points. You do not need to have exalted reputation with Stormwind City to purchase it. This is a slight variant on an older Black War Steed mount.
Completing any of the Veteran of the Alliance Achievements will send you the Vicious War Steed via mail from King Varian Wrynn.
A number of differnt horses can be purchased from the Argent Tournament, each with different requirements.
The human quartermaster to the Argent Tournament offers the Swift Gray Steed and the Stormwind Steed. You must have completed or be a human to gain access to this quartermaster.
Horse mounts as loot
A number of horse mounts are available as loot items from various places.
Horse mounts as quest rewards
Blizzard Pet Store
The is a supernatural warhorse, the first mount directly purchasable from Blizzard, for $25US or €20/£17, and scales with the player's riding skill and location.
WoW Annual Pass