- For the achievement, see [Hot Streak].
||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes and should probably not be under any other categories.
- Hot Streak
- Fire, Tier 3
- Your spells no longer trigger Arcane Missiles. Instead, your critical strikes with Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Scorch, Pyroblast, or Fire Blast have a chance to cause your next Pyroblast spell cast within 15 sec to be instant cast and cost no mana.
|| [Fireball], [Frostfire Bolt], [Scorch], [Pyroblast], [Fire Blast]
Hot Streak is a Mage talent in the Fire tree.
This talent replaces the procs for [Arcane Missiles] with a chance on a critical strike with a fire spell to get an instant free [Pyroblast].
A [Pyroblast] spell can proc this talent, causing another free [Pyroblast].
The previous functionality of the Hot Streak talent has been largly inherited by the [Improved Hot Streak] talent.
- Hotfix (2010-11-23): "Pyroblast! made available by Hot Streak will no longer consume Clearcasting."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now a Tier 3 and 1 Rank talent, down from Tier 9 and 3 Ranks. Your spells no longer trigger Arcane Missiles. Instead, your critical strikes with Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Scorch, Pyroblast, or Fire Blast have a chance to cause your next Pyroblast spell cast within 15 sec to be instant cast and cost no mana.
- Hotfix (2009-08-06): "Hot Streak triggers exactly as stated in its tooltip: “2 non-periodic spell criticals in a row using Fireball, Fire Blast, Scorch, Living Bomb, or Frostfire Bolt”. Only non-periodic damage interacts with it, and only those spells listed. Periodics do not affect the streak in any way. Direct damage from the listed spells always count, for or against the streak."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Sound has been changed (previously used the sound which played upon earning a new achievement).
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now also affected by [Living Bomb].
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.