||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes and should probably not be under any other categories.
- Incanter's Absorption (3 ranks)
- Arcane, Tier 4
- When your Mana Shield or Mage Ward absorbs damage your spell damage is increased by 10/20% of the amount absorbed for 10 sec. In addition, when your Mana Shield is destroyed, all enemies within 6 yards are knocked back 12 yards.
|| [Mana Shield], [Mage Ward]
Incanter's Absorption is a Mage talent in the Arcane tree. When you absorb damage with [Mana Shield] or [Mage Ward], this talent turns a percentage of that damage into spell power, placing a buff on you. Also when [Mana Shield] is destroyed enemies within 6 yards are knocked back 12 yards.
This talent is very usefull on fights with static aura (especially arcane/fire/frost) which deals damage to player like Sindragosa. At 80 level with 250 ilvl gear [Mana Shield] and [Mage Ward] absorbs about 4000k. With simple math [(2*4000)*0,2]=[8000*0,2]=1600 You get 1600 bonus spell power for 10 seconds! Also with recent changes in Patch 4.0.1, which added knockback effect this talent it's much more useful in PvP environment.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Spell damage granted by Incanter's Absorption has been increased to match its tooltip.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): This talent is now a Tier 4 and 2 Ranks talent, down from Tier 7 and 3 Ranks. Now increases your spell damage by 10/20% (Up from 5/10/15%) when Mana Shield or Mage Ward absorbs damage. In addition, when your Mana Shield is destroyed, all enemies within 6 yards are knocked back 12 yards.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): This talent now only grants additional spell power when damage is absorbed by Mana Shield, Frost Ward, Fire Ward, or Ice Barrier. The limit of 5% of the mage's health on the spell power buff has been removed.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Only adds spell power absorbed up to 5% of the mage's total health.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.