|Race||Bronze dragon (Dragonkin)|
|Affiliation||Keepers of Time|
|Location||Celestial Court, Timeless Isle|
- "What if it were possible to shape and mold time as you would a ball of clay? What possibilities await? What new worlds could we create?"
- —Kairoz in a conversation with Wrathion and Anduin, in the Timeless Isle.
Kairozdormu, also known as Kairoz, is a mysterious bronze dragon with unclear motives. He first appears alongside the Timewalkers investigating the Timeless Isle, where he enlists players in helping create an artifact that can peer into other timeways, and later plays a pivotal role in the events of Warlords of Draenor.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Kairoz is first encountered at the Celestial Court, where he and a contingent of Timewalkers are carrying out an investigation on the mysterious properties of the Timeless Isle, a place where both the flow of time and causality have halted. There he befriends Wrathion and Anduin Wrynn, and tasks the player with helping him empower and refine an artifact of his own creation: the hourglass known as the .
Over the following weeks, the player uses the hourglass to witness visions of the Siege of Orgrimmar and two potential futures: one in which Kairoz observes the aftermath of Garrosh Hellscream's defeat from afar, and another in which Garrosh has destroyed Stormwind Harbor and murdered those who opposed his reign.
Kairoz then directs the player to use the hourglass at a crux of intersecting timeways in the cellar of the White Tiger Temple, where they perceive a vision of Anduin visiting an imprisoned Garrosh. With the artifact nearly complete, Kairoz hesitantly asks the player to take the hourglass to another crux in time, located within the Caverns of Time. There, the player experiences a final vision in which Kairoz stands over the slain body of Soridormi, the prime consort of Nozdormu. Kairoz bids the player to tell no one of these potential futures—lest they alter the course of time—and vows to complete the Vision of Time to learn what the future truly holds.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
In the aftermath of the Siege of Orgrimmar, Kairoz helps Garrosh escape imprisonment and travel 35 years into the past to spawn an alternate timeline by preventing the orcish clans from drinking the blood of Mannoroth, instead introducing modern siege technology and helping unite the clans as the Iron Horde. Kairoz then helps complete and bridge the Dark Portal of this alternate Draenor with the Dark Portal of present day Azeroth, so that the Iron Horde can invade.
In World of Warcraft
The following quests serve as introduction to the Timeless Isle
Each week, Kairoz tasks the players with gathering 50 Epoch Stones to empower the , and sends them to use the hourglass to reveal visions of events occurring in the present, future, or a possible alternate future.
- Kairoz is voiced by Michael Bell, who also voiced Medivh in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. Both characters had likewise attempted to use the Dark Portal and harness the Horde of Draenor to invade Azeroth.
- The name Kairoz stems from Kairos, a god of time from Greek mythology. He is the incarnation of those opportune moments where events can fork in different directions, and is different from Chronos, who represents the overall flow of time. Kairoz expresses his own affinity for specific moments as opposed to the entire chain of time during the quest .
- Although he first appeared in-game rather than in a book, Kairoz was created and named by author Christie Golden.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.