|Race||Bronze dragon (Dragonkin)|
|Affiliation||Bronze dragonflight, Infinite dragonflight|
|Former affiliation(s)||Keepers of Time|
|Location||Celestial Court, Timeless Isle (WoW);
- "What if it were possible to shape and mold time as you would a ball of clay? What possibilities await? What new worlds could we create?"
- —Kairoz in a conversation with Wrathion and Anduin, in the Timeless Isle.
Kairozdormu, also known as Kairoz, is a mysterious bronze dragon in high elven disguise working with Wrathion. He first appears alongside the Timewalkers investigating the Timeless Isle, where he enlists players in helping create an artifact that can peer into other timeways. He plays a pivotal role in the events of Warlords of Draenor.
Kairoz seemingly represents a faction of discontent bronze dragons that believes they should change history to create a better future, despite having lost the power to perceive the full impact these changes could have on the timeline.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Kairoz is first encountered at the Celestial Court, where he and a contingent of Timewalkers are carrying out an investigation on the mysterious properties of the Timeless Isle, a place where both the flow of time and causality have halted. There he befriends Wrathion and Anduin Wrynn, and tasks the player with helping him empower and refine an artifact of his own creation: the hourglass known as the .
Over the following weeks, the player uses the hourglass to witness visions of the Siege of Orgrimmar and two potential futures: one in which Kairoz observes the aftermath of Garrosh Hellscream's defeat from afar, and another in which Garrosh has destroyed Stormwind Harbor and murdered those who opposed his reign.
Kairoz then directs the player to use the hourglass at a crux of intersecting timeways in the cellar of the White Tiger Temple, where they perceive a vision of Anduin visiting an imprisoned Garrosh. With the artifact nearly complete, Kairoz hesitantly asks the player to take the hourglass to another crux in time, located within the Caverns of Time. There, the player experiences a final vision in which Kairoz stands over the slain body of Soridormi, the prime consort of Nozdormu. Kairoz bids the player to tell no one of these potential futures—lest they alter the course of time—and vows to complete the Vision of Time to learn what the future truly holds.
After the Siege of Orgrimmar, Kairoz secretly sends a message to Zaela in Grim Batol and tasks her with gathering up Shokia, Thalen Songweaver, and Harrowmeiser. He later provides her and the Dragonmaw clan with Infinite dragons.
During the trial of Garrosh Hellscream, Kairoz and his fellow bronze dragon Chronormu (known better as Chromie) introduce the Vision of Time as a means of providing hard facts about past events without relying on possibly incorrect memories. Kairoz works with Baine Bloodhoof while Chromie works with Tyrande Whisperwind throughout the trial. At some point, he noticed Sylvanas, Baine and Vol'jin arguing.
Near the end of the trial, Kairoz tinkers with the Vision of Time in order to further Wrathion's agenda. Chromie grows suspicious of Kairoz's actions and he locks her in a cage to prevent her from interfering. When the time comes to free Garrosh and escape to Draenor, Kairoz summons multiple alternate versions of Azeroth's heroes that fight their original counterparts, causing chaos in the Temple of the White Tiger and distracting everyone while the two make their escape.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Kairoz helps Garrosh prevent the orcs from drinking the blood of Mannoroth, instead introducing modern siege technology and helping unite the clans as the Iron Horde. Kairoz then helps complete and bridge the Dark Portal of this alternate Draenor with the Dark Portal of present day Azeroth, so that the Iron Horde can invade.
In World of Warcraft
The following quests serve as introduction to the Timeless Isle
Each week, Kairoz tasks the players with gathering 50 Epoch Stones to empower the , and sends them to use the hourglass to reveal visions of events occurring in the present, future, or a possible alternate future.
- Though he first appeared in-game rather than in a book, Kairoz was created and named by author Christie Golden.
- The name Kairoz stems from Kairos, a god of time from Greek mythology. He is the incarnation of those fleeting moments in which destinies are changed, and is different from Chronos, who represents the unchanging linear flow of time. Kairoz expresses his own affinity for specific moments as opposed to the entire chain of time during the quest .
- Kairoz is voiced by Michael Bell, who also voiced Medivh in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. Both characters had likewise attempted to use the Dark Portal and harness the Horde of Draenor to invade Azeroth.
- Due to his implied involvement in the murder of Nozdormu's consort, and affiliation with the group of dissenters within the Bronze Dragonflight, there is a strong possibility that Kairozdormu is the catalyst that eventually leads to the creation of the Infinite Dragonflight.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.