This is a list of all the Legendary (aka orange) items in the game, and how to obtain them.
World of Warcraft
- A two-handed mace. Not to be confused with the . The materials needed to create this item can all be found in the Molten Core, though they are very rare drops.
- A one-handed sword. Requires very rare item drops from Molten Core, lots of Elementium from Blackwing Lair, and then you are able to summon Thunderaan, an outdoor raid boss, who then drops the sword.
- Created when the Bindings of the Windseeker are fused toghether.
- This item drops from Prince Thunderaan in in Silithus and is turned in to Highlord Demitrian to receive the legendary sword .
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
This section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
- A main-hand sword that drops from Illidan Stormrage. It can only be used by warriors, rogues, death knights, and monks. This item is the first part of the Twin Blades of Azzinoth set.
- An off-hand sword that drops from Illidan Stormrage. It can only be used by warriors, rogues, death knights, and monks. This item is the second part of the Twin Blades of Azzinoth set.
- This legendary bow drops from Kil'jaeden in Sunwell Plateau. Can be seen wielded by Halduron Brightwing.
Kael'thas Sunstrider drops seven legendary items for the battle against him:
- + Ammo - the only legendary arrows, which could be conjured by the bow prior to cataclysm expansion.
These items will disappear if the encounter resets or the player leaves The Eye.
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
- Val'anyr is a one-handed mace wielded by priests, druids, paladins and shaman. Like Atiesh, the hammer is assembled from fragments. The 30 fragments of the weapon drop from bosses in Ulduar.
- A crafted two-handed axe that requires reagents and quests in Icecrown Citadel.
- Drop from bosses inside Ulduar in 25-player mode.
- Created by assembling 30 Fragments of Val'anyr.
- Quest item to use during Yogg-Saron's encounter in order to create Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings.
- Dropped from bosses inside Icecrown Citadel in 25-player normal and heroic mode.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
- This staff is a DPS caster weapon made for Priests, Mages, Warlocks & Druids. This legendary also comes with its own flying mount.
- Dropped from bosses inside the Firelands in both 10 and 25-player mode. 1000 of these are needed for the quest to create Dragonwrath.
- Dropped from Ragnaros. Part of the Dragonwrath quest.
- Dropped from within the Dragon Soul raid instances 10 and 25. Part of the Fangs of the Father quest.
- Contained within Shadowy Gems. Part of the Fangs of the Father quest.
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
- Leading players to Wrathion for .
- Dropped by raid bosses in Throne of Thunder. Objective of .
- Dropped by Nalak. Objective of .
- Dropped by raid bosses in and of Throne of Thunder. Objective of .
- Not currently in the game. Blizzard mentioned that they would be adding it eventually, and clues exist in several quest lines, though with the events of Wrath of the Lich King this seems unlikely to be the case any longer.
- Added in Patch 1.11, obtaining it involved going into Naxxramas and completing a quest line. When Naxxramas was moved to the Dragonblight and retuned for level 80, the quests and quest drops for the staff were removed.
- The staff was used by Medivh in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, and was eventually reconstructed by his son, Med'an.
- First discovered in the World of Warcraft Official Armory, this appears to be the first, and only legendary fishing pole. It is believed to be a GM tool for testing new fishing system that was introduced in patch 3.1.
- Shortly after this pole was made publicly known, it was removed from the Official Armory.
- Unknown legendary one-handed dagger. It increases your melee haste by 15% and raises your ranged & melee critical strike chance by 15%. In addition, it transforms you into a demon.
- This item was added to the game by mistake, dropped only once and is no longer obtainable. The character who received Talisman was still able to keep it.
- A conjured sword, Andonisus is dropped by Atiesh, in the midst of the battle to purify the legendary staff Atiesh, at which point a player would wield it against the demon. It vanishes after 10 minutes, or if the wielder leaves Stratholme.
- A crystal that summons a Black Qiraji Battle Tank (fast bug mount). It's exactly like the red, green, yellow, and blue Battle Tanks that can be frequently found in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, but it can be used anywhere in the world, not just AQ40 like the others. A player must complete the extremely difficult Scepter of the Shifting Sands raid-based quest line and be the first to ring the Scarab Gong to open the gates of Ahn'Qiraj, or must ring it within 10 hours of the first player's ring (during the Ahn'Qiraj Invasion event). As the gates are now automatically opened on all new servers, this item is no longer obtainable.
- A GM-only flying mount item that summons Peep the Outland Phoenix. This mount increases flight speed by 310%.
- Created by assembling 40 Splinters of Atiesh.
- This item was a common drop from all bosses, except Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad, in the original Naxxramas.