- "Maexxna — born deep within the mountains of Northrend many ages ago, she was captured within the dread citadel Naxxramas, where she gives birth to her brood, feeding them the corpses of all who dare venture too deeply into Naxxramas."
- - Commander Eligor Dawnbringer
Maexxna has approximately 2.5 million health in 10 player, and 7.6 million health in 25-player.
- Web Wrap — A web tightly wraps around the target, stunning and dealing 2925 to 3575 Nature damage every 2 sec. until the web wrap is destroyed. Instant. Cast at 20 second mark, then every 40 seconds. Sends one (two in 25-player) player to the wall, incapacitating it and damaging it over time. Other members of the raid must free the web wrap, which has 6,000/15,000 health.
- Web Spray (Heroic mode) — Web sprays out everywhere, stunning all nearby enemies for 6 sec and dealing 5225 to 5775 Nature damage. Instant. Cast every 40 seconds, affects all players.
- Poison Shock (Heroic mode) 15 yd range — Inflicts 3500 to 4500 (4550-5850 in 25-player) Nature damage to nearby enemies in front of the caster. Instant. Cast every 10 seconds
- Necrotic Poison (Heroic mode) Melee range — Reduces healing by 75% (90% in 25-player) for 30 sec. Instant.
- Frenzy (Heroic mode) — Increases the caster's attack speed by 50% and the Physical damage it deals by 50% (75% in 25-player) for 10 min. Instant. Cast at 30% health. Cannot be removed.
- Maexxna Spiderlings - 8 small spiders are spawned at the 30 second mark, and then every 40 seconds after that. These hit for about 1,000 (2,000 in 25-player) on cloth and have about 7,000 (14,000 in 25-player) health
This is a quick encounter that will be over in 2–3 minutes and hinges almost entirely on keeping the tank alive through web spray. You will need one tank. The tank should pull Maexxna near a wall and face her towards the centre of the room, the raid should position themselves behind Maexxna. Ranged DPS classes will be on killing cocoons. At the 30 second mark Mages will need to be on top of Maexxna to frost nova the Maexxna spiderlings. At this point the raid needs to AoE them down within 10 seconds before Web Spray. If any are left alive it is likely they will kill someone during it as they attack very quickly. Healers will need to apply abolish poison and all of their heal over time effects on the tank just before Web Spray. It is advisable to stop DPS at ~33% and wait for a Web Spray then blow all cooldowns to kill Maexxna so that she never does a Web Spray while frenzied which will likely kill the tank.
The tank will want to pull Maexxna to the leftmost suspended block, and then turn her around so she faces the opposite block. Melee DPS should stand behind her and the ranged DPS and healers will stand further away. When the fight starts, make sure shamans set poison cleansing totems down, otherwise the other healing classes need to dispell the poisons Maexxna casts. Designate 1 or 2 DPS to monitor when she casts Web Wrap and to subsequently shoot the players out of the webs. Designate another DPS to snare the spiderlings she summons, either use a mage with frost nova, or something like a death knight to aggro the spiderlings as they come. Make sure the spiderlings are killed quickly as Maexxna casts web spray just after summoning her adds. Healers need to watch for poisoned targets, as well as topping the raid off before web spray is cast. She soft enrages at 30% and is easily killed after that.
The ability that wins or loses this fight is Web Wrap, cast at the 20-second mark. Unless players can direct their pets to attack the Web Wrap, players will get sent to the wall during the first cast and stay there for the remainder of the fight. To defeat Maexxena before she casts web wrap, players must deal at minimum 125K damage per second in 10-player mode, or 380K damage per second in 25-player mode. More DPS than this minimum will be required, considering ramp-up time at the beginning of the fight.