Master Apothecary Lydon
- "I yearn to run experiments with... fresh venom... have ordered a collection of small, terribly cute animals on which to test it!"
- — Apothecary Lydon
Master Apothecary Lydon (promoted from Apothecary Lydon with the Cataclysm), is a member of the Royal Apothecary Society. Though dedicated to the Dark Lady and the advancement of the Forsaken, he suffers from severe depression. The only thing that cheers him is the suffering of the living. He had a frog named Umpi whom he referred to as his "assistant" but treated with a lethal callousness. He is likely working closely with Apothecary Jorell at the Go'Shek Farm in the Arathi Highlands.
The Third War
A former young human alchemist, Lydon participated in a battle during Sylvanas' liberation. The night before attacking the Capital City, Sylvanas met with the freed undead. She spoke about their purpose in the world and asked if they will help her retake the Capital. Lydon asked her what will happen to Garithos and his men. Lydon had already embraced his fate and spoke about humans as being another race. She responded that they will just serve for the battle.
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
Apothecary Lydon was a level 35 quest giver located in Tarren Mill in the contested territory of Hillsbrad Foothills. He helped Apothecary Zamah to create to fix the Horde's problem in Stonetalon. He created the Elixir of Suffering and tested it on his frog Umpi. He sent adventurers to collect in the goal of creating a death-brew which he used to poison the dog of Hillsbrad, Stanley as a test and for fun. With the help of Master Apothecary Faranell, he created the Elixir of Agony and tested it on some hostage farmers. He participated in the identification of the Venom Bottle. The investigation lead to Shadra, the spider god of troll. After her supposed death, he sent the Shadra's poison to the Undercity.
Edge of Night
Lydon oversaw the attack on Gilneas alongside Warchief Garrosh Hellscream during the Dark Lady's absence. Lydon's attempts to dissuade the warchief from using the Forsaken people to form a ramp of bodies for the Horde's main advance merely serve to agitate him as he proposed to use the new blight.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
After the Cataclysm, Lydon was sent to oversee Warden Stillwater's experiments. He was dragged away by Stillwater's guards when he realized the Warden's project was not only a failure, but killing other Forsaken. The apothecary is found and rescued by a hero. Together they coordinate to destroy the failed experiments and execute the insane Stillwater.
World of Warcraft
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
He started the following quests:
- "Oh, <name>... the flowers are blooming in Hillsbrad and the air is so fresh and brisk. I can't help but to wallow in the misery of it all. I look out my grimy window and long for the day when our New Plague brings this world the death it deserves."
- "I was growing so terribly bored here. Not a single entertaining thing to do besides poison and disease Umpi and reanimate her... over and over and over again."
- "Sometimes I get so bored out here in Tarren Mill I like to open up the formaldehyde jar and let the lovely aroma waft through the air. Makes Umpi a little nervous though. So were you able to get a keg from the Dwarves? I swear if I have to stare at this deadly elixir without using it on someone for another day I am going to scream."
- "Would you like a dolly, little girl? Would that make you feel better?"
- "Warden Stillwater, you are deranged and a threat to our way of life. By authority of the Dark Lady herself, I hereby impose upon you the harshest penalty allowed under Forsaken law - true death."
Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Has become a Master Apothecary, level lowered from 35 to 22 elite, and no longer has the title Royal Apothecary Society.