If you are struggling to find a monk trainer, it is worth noting that they value inner peace and discipline, so you will most likely find them either meditating in a peaceful and remote area, or training. The two leaders of the respective Alliance and Horde pandaren factions are also monks, and serve as trainers in the small pandaren camps in Stormwind City and Orgrimmar. Just look for the turtle mounts and pandaren architecture!
The monk trainers are unique among class trainers in that they are all pandaren (with the exception of the troll Zabrax, who has apparently been trained by the nearby Tsu the Wanderer). In the case of the starting area trainers, this usually makes them the only class trainers which are not of that area's race. They are also all level 90, despite the starting area trainers being found in areas where most other NPCs are somewhere around level 5.
Following the two pandaren groups' joining of the Alliance and the Horde, monk trainers travelled to each allied race's starting area to teach the ways of the monk, and also to learn the ways of the other races. These pandaren are distinctive characters, and in many cases have clearly chosen (or been chosen) to train that specific race due to their personalities. Some examples:
- is a well-armored pandaren sent to train the orcs.
- is obviously well-chosen to handle life among the Forsaken. Her strong stomach impresses even Archibald Kava, when he puts it to the test with a drink of dubious safety.
- From her title, seems a fitting match for the nature-loving tauren.
- Likewise, seems a natural choice for training the gnomes.
- finds ample opportunity to illustrate the origin of his name among the Ironforge dwarves in the tavern where he spends most of his time.