- Level 10 Assassination rogue ability
- Melee range
- 55 Energy
- Requires Daggers
- Instantly attacks with both weapons for 280% weapon damage plus an additional X with each weapon. Awards 2 combo points.
||Two daggers equipped
- "Leave nothing the family can identify."
—The Assassin's Creed, Chapter 4
Mutilate is an Assassination rogue ability that requires two daggers, dealing damage and generating combo points.
Mutilate gives you two combo points, which allows for quick combo point generation; the only other moves to do so are [Ambush] and [Cheap Shot] (which must both be used in [Stealth]).
- High energy cost.
- Only available when 2 daggers are equipped.
- [Seal Fate] will add only 1 additional combo point.
- Poison immune mobs will greatly decrease DPS.
Because mutilate attacks with both weapons, both attacks have a chance to crit. The crit chance for an additional combo point is 2 x Crit - Crit2.
The formula to calculate Mutilate damage is (corrected regarding offhand damage, see note at end):
Offhand Reduction = 0.5
Average Weapon Damage = (Weapon Minimum Damage + Weapon Maximum Damage) / 2
Modifier = (Attack Power / 14) * 1.7
Base Damage = Average Weapon Damage + Modifier
Mainhand Base Damage = Base Damage + Mutilate Bonus Damage
Mainhand Damage = Mainhand Base Damage
Mainhand Critical Damage = Mainhand Damage * 2
Offhand Base Damage = (Base Damage * Offhand Reduction) + (Mutilate Bonus Damage)
Offhand Damage = Offhand Base Damage
Offhand Critical Damage = Offhand Damage * 2
Minimum Mutilate Damage = Mainhand Damage + Offhand Damage
Maximum Mutilate Damage = Mainhand Critical Damage + Offhand Critical Damage
The formula above has been changed to reflect what actually happens regarding offhand damage. Previously, the Mutilate Bonus Damage was listed as being reduced by the offhand penalty. However, it is in fact not reduced by the offhand penalty.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 280% weapon damage (up from 200%).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Weapon damage increased from 179% to 200%. Bonus damage increased.
- Hotfix (2011-08-04): "Mutilate should now properly trigger trinkets."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Changed from a talented ability to the Primary ability of the Assassination Tree.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): Damage will now do 20% increased damage against poisoned targets, down from 50%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22):
- Added a new double-attack animation.
- This ability will now always consume the [Cold Blood] buff when it strikes an opponent.