- Nature's Grasp
- Level 52 druid ability
- 1 min cooldown
- Instant cast
- While active, any time an enemy strikes the caster they will become afflicted by Entangling Roots. 1 charge. Lasts 45 sec.
|| [Entangling Roots]
Nature's Grasp is a buff that gives melee attackers a 100% chance of being afflicted with [Entangling Roots]. It is learned at level 52.
- Procs off melee only, does not proc off spells or ranged attacks.
- Entangling Roots can be resisted - so even when Nature's Grasp procs, it can fail to have an effect.
Tips and tactics
- This spell is very useful against melee attackers in PvE or against Warriors and Rogues in PvP.
- Activate this spell when running away. Often the attacker will be rooted and unable to follow.
- This spell is also useful for gaining range against a Shaman to use [Innervate].
- It is entirely impractical for raiding if the druid is not a tank, given that 1) the scariest mobs are immune, 2) the druid shouldn't aggro away from a tank, 3) the druid is not likely to survive a single hit from such a mob, and 4) a rooted mob will turn to attack other people in range, regardless of aggro, potentially killing others in addition to the casting druid.
- Can be cast in any form.
- Hotfix (2013-09-18): "Nature's Grasp triggering Entangling Roots should no longer be incorrectly using up Nature's Swiftness."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now has 1 charge, down from 3.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): [Entangling Roots] and the equivalent spell triggered by Nature's Grasp no longer deal damage.
- Hotfix (2011-01-18): Druids previously unable to learn Nature's Grasp will be able to learn that spell now.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Now has 3 charges, up from 1.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This talent will no longer be triggered spuriously by some ranged abilities such as [Heroic Throw].
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Can now be used and can proc indoors.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This spell no longer costs any mana to cast.