- Nether Tempest
- Level 75 mage talent
- 40 yd range
- 1.5% of base mana
- Instant cast
- Places a Nether Tempest on the target which deals (X + 24.36% of SP) Arcane damage over 12 sec. Each time Nether Tempest deals damage, an additional 50% of that damage is also dealt to a random target within 10 yards. This spell is strongest when applied to 3 or 4 targets.
Nether Tempest is a talented mage ability, available at level 75. It acts as a medium-duration DoT, inflicting bonus damage on another enemy with range. Nether Tempest only deals 70% of its damage when used against other players.
- Main article: Living Bomb#History
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 85% damage to players (up from 70%).
- Hotfix (2013-03-15): "Nether Tempest now deals 70% of its damage when used against other players, down from 100%."
- Hotfix (2013-03-12): "Nether Tempest now deals 40% more damage."
- Hotfix (2012-10-04): "Mages have learned to stop hitting themselves with Nether Tempest."
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Nether Tempest no longer strikes targets the Mage is not already in combat with."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.