<Fiend of the Dark Below>
Patriarch of all kraken, servant of the Naga
Defeatable (WoW), Unknown (Lore)
Ozumat is the patriarch of all kraken. It appears to be in the service of the Old Gods' forces, fighting alongside the naga and faceless ones during and . It is the final boss of the Throne of the Tides in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and makes several appearances during the Vashj'ir storyline.
In Kelp'thar Forest, players starting out in Vashj'ir are immediately shipwrecked by Ozumat.
Players reach Abyssal Depths via a new submarine, which is immediately used to attack Ozumat. Later during the nagas' battle against Neptulon, Lady Naz'jar unleashes Ozumat. Ozumat attaches itself to Neptulon's "head" leading to the victory of the naga. After the battle with Ozumat in the Throne of the Tides, Ozumat swims away with Neptulon.
Tales of the monstrous kraken that terrorize Azeroth's high seas were once relegated to myth... but no longer. By some ill means, the naga have bent Ozumat - the patriarch of all kraken - to their will and unleashed him against Neptulon and his followers.
Stage One: Filthy Invaders!
Players begin this encounter by talking to Neptulon, then agreeing to defend him while he attempts to cleanse the waters surrounding him. If Neptulon dies, the encounter will reset.Stage one lasts 60 seconds.
- Deep Murloc Invader — When the encounter begins, a pack of six Deep Murloc Invaders swim into the room and begins to attack Neptulon. Two more packs will swim into the room during this stage.
- Vicious Mindlasher — Five seconds after the encounter begins, a Vicious Mindlasher enters the room. Two more will enter the room during this stage.
- Shadow Bolt — A Vicious Mindlasher hurls a bolt of dark magic at its current enemy target, inflicting 4712 to 5287 Shadow damage.
- Brain Spike — The Vicious Mindlasher sends out waves of psychic energy, dealing 6597 to 7402 Shadow damage to all enemies within 40 yards. The mental feedback also causes the targets to lose 1000 mana.
- Veil of Shadow — The Vicious Mindlasher curses a random enemy target, reducing the healing dealt to that target by 50% for 5 sec.
- Unyielding Behemoth — One of these creatures enters the room approximately 15 seconds after the stage begins.
- Shadow Blast — The Unyielding Behemoth leaps into the air before crashing back down, releasing a charge of dark energy upon impact. The released energy inflicts 23562 to 26437 Shadow damage to all enemy players within 5 yards and knocks them away.
- Blight Spray — The Unyielding Behemoth channels a 25 yard long stream of blight in a frontal 90 degree cone for 4 sec. Enemies are dealt 3298 to 3701 Shadow damage every second they are inside the blight spray.
Stage Two: The Beast Returns
When stage two begins, three Faceless Sappers jump into the room from the ceiling and begin to channel on Neptulon. Ozumat then swims in attaches himself to the room, but he is unattackable during this stage. Killing all three Faceless Sappers ends this stage.
- Blight Beast — These creatures move very slowly.
- Aura of Dread — The Blight Beast is surrounded by an evil aura that inflicts 942 to 1057 Shadow damage every second to all enemies within 7 yards. When an enemy takes damage from the aura, they are inflicted with an additional effect that causes them to take 5% additional Shadow damage for 5 sec. This effect stacks.
- Ozumat — Unattackable in Stage 2.
- Blight of Ozumat — Ozumat periodically spits out pools of blight near the location of a random enemy player. The circular pools of blight have a 10 radius, and last for 30 seconds. Any player that stands within the pool is inflicted with 200 Shadow damage every second for 6 sec. This effect stacks every second the player continues to stand within the pool.
- Faceless Sapper — These continuously channel a beam onto Neptulon. Killing all three Faceless Sappers ends Stage 2.
Stage Three: Tidal Surge
Stage three begins when the three Faceless Sappers are destroyed. Ozumat begins to inject his blight into the entire room, and becomes attackable. When Ozumat reaches less than 10% of his remaining health, Ozumat retreats and the players win.
- Ozumat — Ozumat is now attackable.
- Tidal Surge — After being freed from the Faceless Sappers, Neptulon infuses the players with Tidal Surge. This effect increases a player's maximum health by 500%, healing dealt by 500%, and damage dealt by 2000% until the end of the encounter.
The encounter consists of three phases. During phase 1, three different types of adds spawn, and must all be tanked and killed; the murloc packs are AoE'able, while the faceless adds require single-target damage. Interrupts on the casters are beneficial here. After a certain amount of adds have been killed, Phase 2 will begin.
In Phase 2, three faceless sappers appear and begin channeling a spell at Neptulon; DPS must kill those sappers. The tank must pick up and kite the Blight Beasts that spawn through this phase, taking care not to kite them through the other party members. Ozumat makes an appearance in this phase, spewing Blight of Ozumat at random party members, leaving a blighted area on the ground that people should move out of. The phase ends once all three faceless sappers have been killed; Neptulon purifies the waters, granting everyone a +health, +damage, and +regeneration buff. The Blight Beasts should be killed at this point.
Phase 3 is a DPS race: Ozumat must be driven off before Blight of Ozumat, now cast at the entire room, stacks to the point of being unhealable. This is generally the phase you wish to use DPS cooldowns on. Ozumat will capture Neptulon and retreat when his health has been reduced enough. A chest called Neptulon's Cache will be left behind, containing loot for the encounter.
- Neptulon yells: Ahh - my fearless assistants, I assume.
- Neptulon yells: You may yet regret your presence here.
- Phase 1
- Neptulon yells: As I purify these waters, the servants of filth will surely be stirred. Beware!
- Neptulon yells: Patience guests. The waters are nearly cleansed.
- Phase 2
- Neptulon yells: The beast has returned! It must not pollute my waters!
- Neptulon yells: Augh... Their filthiness stains me!
- Phase 3
- Neptulon yells: My waters are cleansed! Drink in their power!
- Neptulon yells: Behold the power of pure water!
- Neptulon below 50%
- Neptulon yells: I grow weary!
- Neptulon below 25%
- Neptulon yells: Fools! Make yourselves useful!
- Neptulon dies
- Neptulon yells: Your kind... cannot be... trusted...
- Killing a player
- Neptulon yells: You are unworthy of my domain!
- Neptulon yells: My attention was wasted on you!
- Main article: Neptulon's Cache
|Two-hand strength axe|
|DPS cloth gloves|
|Agility mail chest|
|Spirit plate chest|
|Tank plate leggings|
- Despite antagonizing both the Horde and the Alliance, in addition to Neptulon, the Vrykul and the Earthen Ring forces, Ozumat may not be acting of his own accord - his will was apparently "bent" by the naga.
- Canthus and Cause and Effect vs Ozumat (5 man normal) Shattered Halls Eu
- How Two: Ozumat - Heroic Throne of the Tides
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Blight Beasts summoned during the Ozumat encounter now deal less damage with Aura of Dread.
- Hotfix (2010-12-07): "Players are no longer able to use Killing Spree on Ozumat in Throne of the Tides. The message "Invalid Target" is displayed."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added