Patch 5.0.4 (undocumented changes)
|Patch 5.0.4 (undocumented changes)|
|Release date (US)||2012-08-28|
|Highlights & notes|
|Patches • Patch mirrors • Patches category|
This article lists all undocumented changes for patch 5.0.4. All documented changes should be listed on the main article.
- All yellow tooltip information when hovering over the buttons have been removed.
- Inviting a player even if he/she does not respond, you may have access to party/raid UI.
- You are now getting information about unlocked instances on level up
- WorldDefense messages that pertain to PvP objectives will now indicate what zone the message is relevant to. For example: "[Hellfire Peninsula] Broken Hill has been taken by the Horde!"
- Minor creatures (mobs with far less health than others in the area) now feature simplified portraits, displaying only a health bar with their name floating above it, and their name plates are scaled to half the normal size.
Character > Currency
- Tooltip for no longer displays reference to a Total Maximum.
- Tooltip for now displays Total Maximum.
- no longer displays reference to a Total Maximum.
Spellbook & Abilities
- New tabs "Core Abilities" and "What has changed?" added.
Specialization & Talents
- New tab "Specialization".
- For hunters, "Pet Talents" tab now called just "Pet" and has been moved to far right hand tab.
- Tabs on right shows your chosen specialty at the top, and shows the other two specialties as greyed out below it, rather than all show in specialty order.
- New blue coloring on achievements deemed "account wide".
- Hovering over the category/sub-category produces a tooltip showing available achievements, accomplished achievements, and a scaling green bar depending on percentage done.
- Two new categories, "Scenarios" and "Pet Battles".
- Pandaria sub-category added where sub-categories include continents.
- Player vs. Player has been changed to order of levels, rather than alphabetically. Arena now at bottom rather than top.
- Dungeons & Raids now includes a "Dungeon Challenges" sub-category.
- Drunken Stupor is now named and has had its tool-tip updated.
- Strange Brew has an updated tool-tip.
- criteria changed from Taragaman the Hungerer to Lava Guard Gordoth.
- removed the following bosses from criteria: Arcanist Doan, Herod, and Bloodmage Thalnos.
- removed the following boss from criteria: Ras Frostwhisper.
- Width of the Quests:#/25 box has been widened.
- Number of daily quests done no longer show (daily cap has been removed).
- Height of the window has been increased.
Player vs Player
- Players can now choose to down-vote up to 2 battlegrounds through the PvP interface. These battlegrounds will not be selected for the player when using the Random Battleground feature. It is not possible to down-vote the current Call to Arms battleground, however.
- Players in arena matches are now automatically added to the opposing team's enemy unit frames UI component as soon as they zone in, allowing players to view the class and specialization of their opponents during the preparation period. Prior to this, players had no way of discovering their opponents' classes or specializations until they were encountered during the match.
- The Call to Arms battleground system has been changed. There is now always a Call to Arms battleground available.
- Entry for Random Battleground has been moved nearer to the top of the list in the PvP interface, just below Wintergrasp and Tol Barad.
- List entries that offer rewards now have a two-sword symbol on the right hand side.
- Conquest tab now displays Party Members:1 instead of :0 when you are not yet in a party.
- You can now share quests in battlegrounds. However, this may be a bug caused by the raid-grouping induced by the new queuing system.
- Target frames for friendly and enemy flag carriers now show on the right side of the screen, along with their class. Clicking the frame will target them.
- Now has three options on the left, Dungeon Finder, Raid Finder and Scenarios.
- Now has two tabs, "Dungeon Finder" and "Challenges".
- No longer has a Close button (use the X top left to close the window).
- No longer displays Valor Points earned this week.
- The Stonecore has had the level range changed to 85-87 (was 85), and has moved to the bottom of the Cataclysm Heroic list.
- This is no longer shown on the menu.
- The Raid Finder (LFR) is now in the Dungeon Finder (above). The "Other Raids" and Raid Instance Lock Expire information is on the raid tab of the social window.
Mounts And Pets
- New button on the menu, short-cut keyboard SHIFT+P to access.
- New continent drop-down.
- Now lists all Dungeons, as well as raids from Cataclysm and MoP.
- Game Menu itself now has a space between Macros and Logout
- Options is renamed System.
- The Item Restoration button in Open a Ticket has been removed.
- Item tooltips no longer include the word 'rating'. For example, they now read "Increases your critical strike by X" rather than "Increases your critical strike rating by X". However, secondary stat ratings are still mentioned in the character sheet.
- Equipping a ranged weapon now displays it on the character's back, just like a melee weapon.
- Raid marks inconsistently appear through walls. (Put one on someone outside, go inside, mark is not visible. Fly to the other side of a building but remain outside, you can still see it through the walls.)
- Marker to show target on minimap has been turned off by default. Can be turned on by clicking on 'tracking' and checking 'target' option.
- See also: Patch 5.0.4 (class changes)
- Intellect now only increases spell power and not mana.
- Ranged attacks can now be dodged, meaning hunters will now require expertise to reduce this chance.
- Many abilities no longer cost reagents to cast, and their reagents have been converted into gray items.
- Spell Resistance no longer displays on your character sheet.
- Switching talent specializations no longer resets all mana to 0(only if you switch from a higher mana spec to a lower one).
- Mastery is no longer measured in points, and is instead converted directly into a percentage bonus. Accordingly, there is no longer a standard rate of conversion for mastery.
- now has a new model.
- has a new spell channeling animation.
- has a new spell effect, again.
- has a new spell effect.
- You can now use /cast in SV/BM spec and it will cast . Vice versa for the MM spec.
- and can be cast while mounted, and will remain active when mounting, while the speed bonus continues to not affect mounted speed.
- Basilisks and Spore striders can now be tamed. It is unknown if you need Exotic Pets to tame them.
- Mana Gems no longer persist through logout.
- Teleports and Portals now cost 3% and 4% of base mana respectively. and are now grey items.
- The guild reputation cap seems to have disappeared, and is now earned at roughly the same rate at all levels.
- Guild reputation gained by low level characters upon completing quests has been dramatically increased. There is no relation between the character level and the reputation that is earned by completing a quest.
- Guild experience is now gained much more rapidly for guilds with fewer members.
Valor, Conquest, Justice and Honor point conversion:
The currency conversion coming with Mists of Pandaria is going to happen in three stages, and this is how we plan for it to progress:
- With Patch 5.0.4, the week of August 27
- Valor points will be converted to Justice points, and Conquest points will be converted to Honor points.
Neither of the resultant currencies (Justice and Honor) will have an enforced hard-cap at this time.
- At this time, you will not be able to earn Justice points or Honor points if the conversion puts your total above the cap of 4000 per type.
- The current Arena season will end.
- Players will no longer be able to earn Valor or Conquest points (bosses will drop Justice, Arenas will be closed).
- Items formerly purchasable for Valor/Conquest will be available for Justice/Honor.
- Approximately two weeks after Patch 5.0.4
- All Justice and Honor points that exceed the 4000 point caps will be converted to gold at the rate of 35 silver per Honor point and 47 silver per Justice point.
- The cap of 4000 points per type will remain in-effect.
- With Mists of Pandaria on September 25
- Valor can be earned again.
- Characters can earn up to 1000 Valor per week, and carry a maximum of 3000 Valor.
- Daily quests, random Scenarios, random Heroic dungeons, and all levels of raiding will reward Valor.
- Valor will be used to purchase ilvl 489 gear in Mists of Pandaria.
- The Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan, and August Celestials factions will sell this gear.
- Revered reputation with each faction will be required.
- Conquest will become earnable.
- There is a cap of 4000 Conquest points.
- Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds reward Conquest.
- It will be used to purchase ilvl 483 gear from Pandaren battlemasters on the Great Wall.
- With Mists of Pandaria, Patch 5.1
- We currently plan to upgrade the Valor system as Ghostcrawler described in Mists of Pandaria Looting Explained in the 5.1 patch, allowing you to upgrade your gear using Valor points. We’ll have additional information once Mists of Pandaria launches and we get closer to the 5.1 patch release.
At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap. There will be no cap on Honor until Mists of Pandaria is released on September 25. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point.
On September 25, excess Honor over the cap will be converted at a rate of 35 silver per point, and excess Justice over the cap will be converted at a rate of 47 silver per point.
Instance Rewards are now:
- First Aid:
- and are no longer required for their respective gathering professions, but now provide a passive +10 skill bonus if present in your bags. was added which provides the same skill benefit.
- now also provides +10 skill bonus to Mining, Herbalism, and Skinning (acting as one of those basic tools) and now also counts as .
- no longer provides a skill bonus to Mining.
- Blacksmithing: patterns for enchanting rods such as [Eternium Rod] [Fel Iron Rod] [Titanium Rod] removed from game
- Enchanting now uses only Runed Copper Rods. All other enchanting rods can still be used.
- Jewelcrafting: no longer requires , who became gray and only or is necessary.
- Alchemy: Created or were autoreplaced by . Alchemist must relearn updated recipe at any alchemy trainer.
Mounts and Companions
- Drake mounts now require the Master Riding skill. (This was a bug, later hotfixed.)
- and no longer awards Master Riding.
- now has ground mount abilities, including swimming.
- Some companions once again have persistent sound effects, such as or .
- , , and , formerly obtained from an old Mountain Dew promotion, can now be purchased from all toy vendors.
- is account-bound, but only for the original faction it was bought for (Alliance with Alliance-side characters, Horde with Horde-side characters).
- Multiple Map changes to accommodate Pandaria.
- Maps now show Neutral Flightpoints in brighter gold rather than the dull gold of past.
- All starting zones (except Kezan and Gilneas since they already had) now have a more detailed map for the starting zone area.
- Most micro-dungeons now have their own world maps.
- Blue Child is once again visible in the sky of Azeroth.
- Boglash's skin model has been changed from a pale white to green.
- Zidormi now also appears in Dustwallow Bay, Dustwallow Marsh, at the end of the west Theramore bridge.
- Crusader Jorny the Deified's corpse can now be found in Dalaran Crater.
- The banshee model now lacks eyes, the eye socket is hollow.
- Some of the older statues in Stormwind City, as well as the benches in its auction house have received a new model.
- Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth now resides in the throne room of Stormwind Keep.
- King Varian Wrynn in Stormwind Keep has a new array of gossip text.
- General Marcus Jonathan has been replaced by General Hammond Clay as the High Commander of Stormwind Defense.
- Crithto, the Stormwind wandering dog, has level raised to 91 and became killable, making it the counterpart of Gamon. It seems it doesn't drop anything.
- Brunn Goldenmug has decided to take a nap outside the drawbridge to Stormwind Keep.
- Josie and Marty have taken up residence between the Trade District and the Valley of Heroes in Stormwind.
- Leria Nightwind has taken up residence by the Canals in Stormwind.
- Gavin Marlsbury has been added between Trade District and the Canals in Stormwind.
- Moni Widdlesprock and Alyn Black have been added to the Trade District of Stormwind.
- Lucas Severing and Naanae have been added near the fountain outside of Stormwind Keep.
- Dave the Quick now stands outside the Command Center.
- Tyler Stockton now hangs out under a tree outside the Cathedral of Light.
- Flekky Nox, Zazzle and Ukos Bloodwhisper have been added to The Drag in Orgrimmar.
- Shang'gok has been added to the southern entrance to the Valley of Strength in Orgrimmar.
- Omakka Wolfbrother has been added between the Valley of Strength and The Drag in Orgrimmar.
- Rok'kal has been added to the Valley of Honor in Orgrimmar.
- Gogu and Sasi have moved in to the Orgrimmar Orphanage.
- A purple instance portal has been added to the door of the Ring of Valor, but the door behind it is shut and it cannot be entered.
- Darkmoon Island map is slightly changed.
- Darkmoon Faire logo is now displayed in Elwynn Forest and Mulgore map during the Faire.
- Mola's title corrected from <Whack-a-Mole> to <Whack-a-Gnoll>.
- Darkmoon Rabbit added to Darkmoon Island Cave.
- Explosions during the Tonk Commander quest on Darkmoon Faire are now more dense and bigger.
- Humans and tauren have been given a new background for their character select.
- The lighting for draenei characters for their character select screen is now darker.
- It is now possible to create an eleventh character on a realm.
- Hunters' active pet (pet they had out when they logged out) no longer show up in character select.
- Install size has been greatly reduced (under 19 GB).
- File structure of install has been reformatted and access to cinematics/etc has been removed.
- Game will now default to 64 bit client on x64 systems.
- Cataclysmic gear now have their Item Level reduced to 390.
- are now listed in the Quest category on the Auction House with the other Darkmoon Faire artifacts. They had previously been in the Miscellaneous/Junk category.
- Fist weapons that were previously marked as Main Hand are now One-Hand.
- Complimentary Brewfest Sampler is now named .
- was removed.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2012-08-20. Currency Conversion Before and After Mists of Pandaria. Archived from the original on 2012-08-20. Retrieved on 2012-08-21.