- Level 10 Restoration shaman ability
- Increases the effectiveness of your healing spells by 25%, the healing done by your Water Totems by an additional 50%, and the healing done by your Healing Rain by an additional 100%.
In addition, heals you cast increase allies' maximum health by 10% of the amount healed, up to a maximum of 10% of their health.
Purification is a passive Restoration shaman ability that increases all healing done, as well as increasing the health of allies up to 10% of their maximum health.
The 'effectiveness' part in the tooltip can be somewhat misleading, as it refers to healing done only. The talent has no effect on the mana cost of any spells, though a 25% increase to healing done is technically also a 25% increase to healing-per-mana. Purification is applied after spell power, meaning that it effectively improves the scaling of all healing spells. Overall it is a significant boost to healing.
In addition to increasing the effect of 'conventional' healing spells like [Chain Heal] and [Earth Shield], Purification also has some less obvious applications, although some of these might be unintentional:
- The talent increases the healing done by [Ancestral Awakening], causing the secondary target to be healed for 12.5/25/37.5% of the initial heal, rather than 10/20/30%. This is in addition to the 25% that the initial heal was increased by.
- While it is not a shaman spell, [Lifeblood] still benefits from Purification.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now increases the healing done by Healing Rain by 100% in addition to the ability's current effects.
- Hotfix (2011-02-16): "Purification (Restoration passive) now grants a 25% bonus to healing effects, up from 10%. More information can be found here."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now a passive specialization for restoration shaman, reducing cast time of Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave by 1 sec in addition to the current effect.