Quest:If The Key Fits (Alliance)
85 (Requires 84)
Lead squad from Highbank to the closed Dragonmaw Gate.
If you lose your squad, return to Master Mathias Shaw for reassignment.
- Dragonmaw Gate opened
The wyrms have already taken the battle to the sky above Grim Batol. It's up to us to move our men in by ground and secure the gates.
I want you to know what is at stake here, <class>. Grim Batol is the source of Twilight's Hammer reinforcements to all of the highlands. If we do not cut them off here, we will not win the battles ahead.
I'm sending a squad from Highbank with you. Get to the gate to the southeast and get it open. Your lieutenant should have any further instructions you'll need from there.
Like a well-oiled machine.
- Highbank Medic says: You want me to steal third?
- Highbank Lieutenant looks confused.
- Highbank Medic says: Was that... Yoga?
- Highbank Marine says: Leading under the influence...
- Highbank Demolitionist says: Now that's just rude...
- Highbank Demolitionist says: What did you just call my mother?
- Highbank Sniper says: I don't think that's physically possible, sir.
- Highbank Sniper says: Sir, I think the explosions and gunfire gave us away. You don't have to use hand signals.
- Highbank Marine says: What the heck was that?
Hop on a ground mount and start running. Remember to do some damage to the twilights in order to get credit for killing them. If there aren't enough twilights nearby, get to the gate atwhere a script event will play out and spawn in at least a dozen twilights:
- Highbank Lieutenant says: Break out the gatestone. Open this thing up.
- Highbank Medic says: Right away sir. Er... I don't see a slot to put it in?
- Highbank Lieutenant says: It's never easy, is it? That's alright, we came prepared.
- Highbnak Lieutenant says: Blow it open. There isn't a problem that some explosives can't solve.
- Highbank Demolitionist says: On it.
- A few squads of twilights rush the gate. Fend them off.
- Highbank Demolitionist says: Almost done.
On success, Shaw runs up and stops just on the other side of the gate:
- Master Mathias Shaw says: Good work. I'll keep the men pushing from here. Move forward and take the last gate.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.