Quest:Path of the Last Emperor
|Leading to an anchor|
|Start||Seer Hao Pham Roo|
|End||Seer Hao Pham Roo|
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Rewards||Item level 502 boots
Following Chen Stormstout's suspicions that an old seer may be able to help during the Darkspear Rebellion, the player and the seer must walk The Path of the Last Emperor to gain insight to what is happening to Pandaria, and what will follow...
- First Anchor
- Second Anchor
- Third Anchor
- Fourth Anchor
- Final Anchor
I am here to walk the same path, and it seems you have questions of your own to be answered. Perhaps you will join me, and we can both be satisfied?
Oh, but I am getting old, and this blizzard is proving too much for my bones. Could you climb ahead and anchor this rope? I can hoist myself along from there.
Together we shall walk the path of the last emperor.
We made it, <class>! Thank you so much. Please, help yourself to some of my old knick-knacks.
But... I am afraid I have not been completely honest with you...
- Seer Hao Pham Roo hands you the end of his climbing rope. Tie it to the next Rope Anchor and help him up the mountain!
- Seer Hao Pham Roo says: Heh, do not get angry with the elements. Violence is their nature. I conquered my own anger long, long ago.
Summit Gusters wander the path between anchors. Kill any elementals in the way, run up and interact with the Rope Anchor, then run back down to the seer and escort him up. Killing the first Guster will buff players with Zephyr, announced by a boss emote:
- Zehphyr increases your movement speed - share this effect with Seer Hao Pham Roo by walking beside him.
On reaching the first tie-off:
- Seer Hao Pham Roo says: My, you are strong! When I was young, I might have doubted that we could do this. But now, I have no doubts at all.
Repeat the process to reach subsequent tie offs. Upon reaching the second:
- Seer Hao Pham Roo says: Such wind! Such cold! Once, it would have filled these old bones with despair. But on this day, I am filled with hope.
Upon reaching the third:
- Seer Hao Pham Roo says: Such a patient one! When I was young, I would have hated this task. Nowadays, I am filled with love.
Upon reaching the fourth:
- Seer Hao Pham Roo says: Do not fear the heights, as I did when I was young. Fear can drive us to terrible deeds. Ah, but I see that like me, you have learned the lessons of courage!
And finally, upon reaching the final tie off at Seeker's Point:
- Seer Hao Pham Roo says: Ah, here we are. Oh - oh, these old bones are tired. More than you can imagine.
- Seer Hao Pham Roo says: You surprised me. I expected a hero such as yourself to balk at the task of carrying an old man up a mountain. Most are too proud.
- Seer Hao Pham Roo says: I was going to teach you a lesson but instead, it is you who have taught me. You see, when I was young... when I was young... when I was young...
- Seer Hao Pham Roo says: I was EMPEROR.
- The seer's voice deepens and a flash of green light surrounds him as he grows in size and rises into the air to reveal his true form: the spirit of Emperor Shaohao!
- Emperor Shaohao says: The realm you see all around you was mine to command.
- Emperor Shaohao says: I conquered my doubts, my fears, my anger... I buried all of it within the land.
- Emperor Shaohao says: But I held on to one vice. The one sha I never conquered. PRIDE.
- Emperor Shaohao says: My pride cloaked this land in mists! I thought we were better than the rest of the world.
- Emperor Shaohao says: I thought we could solve our own problems. But for ten thousand years, we stagnated, our doubts and fears buried in the land, rising up to fester whenever we allowed them.
- Emperor Shaohao says: Pride. It is the most insidious of sha. It is good until it is bad. And then it is more dangerous than all the others combined.
- Emperor Shaohao says: Beware of Pride! Be humble! The world is plunging into chaos. Old enemies must work together. Proud races must admit they need help.
- Emperor Shaohao says: Things are going to get worse before they get better. Only by working together can we overcome the darkness.
- Emperor Shaohao says: All that stands in our way... is pride.
- The emperor breathes his last words into the winds as he bows and fades away.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-06-04): "Fixed an issue where rope anchors were incorrectly despawning for players that moved too far away from Seer Hao Pham Roo."
- Hotfix (2013-05-24): "Quest rewards from Path of the Last Emperor should now be eligible to be upgraded for Valor Points."
- Hotfix (2013-05-21): "Seer Hao Pham Roo should no longer be overlapping with Lorewalker Cho."
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Added.