Quest:Spirit of the Storm Lord
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Reputation||+350 The Black Prince|
Progress through the Isle of Thunder until you unlock the final courtyard. Obtain a Tempered Lightning Lance by thrusting the lance into Storm Lord Nalak and surviving long enough to siphon his power.
Our next objective is to temper this weapon with the blood of a demigod, one imbued with the Thunder King's powers.
Once your faction has fought your way to the front gates, attack Storm Lord Nalak and thrust this lance into his side. The creature will do everything in his power to stop you - stay alive long enough to siphon out the power of the Storm Lord!
What of Storm Lord Nalak? And the lance? Details!
You've done it! The lance seethes with power and potential!
Oh my friends, you have earned a great reward...
- 294000 XP
- +350 reputation with The Black Prince
- Wrathion says: You must thrust the spear into the heart of the Storm Lord while he still lives.
- Wrathion says: Be careful! The moment it pierces his hide, you will be assaulted by his power.
- Wrathion says: It is important to throw the spear just before slaying the beast. Not a moment too soon! Not a moment too late!
- Wrathion says: I must make preparations back on the mainland. Return to me at the Veiled Stair when you have what I need.
- Wrathion switches to his black dragonwhelp form.
- Wrathion says: Oh, and don't die.
- Wrathion flies up towards the ceiling and despawns.
Exit the scenario via the Portal to the Isle of Thunder at the southwestern end of the room, or via the interface. The portal will drop champions off at their faction's base. Nalak is made available upon completion of .
As Wrathion mentions before flying away, tag along on any Nalak attempt. At any point during the encounter, use the provided . This will spawn an add above Nalak that will fixate on the champion and move towards it. Immediately turn around and kite the add around Nalak's plaza, as it will one-shot the player if it lands a hit. The add is rapidly losing health, and will die on it's own after roughly thirty seconds.
When entering the tavern after completing the objectives, Wrathion calls out from upstairs:
- Wrathion says: Tong, is that our friend?
- The player reaches the second floor.
- Anduin Wrynn says: I can't believe you're still alive.
- Wrathion says: What did I tell you? Few mortals possess such courage and tenacity.
Patch 5.0 - Mists of Pandaria
Patch 5.1 - Landfall
Patch 5.2 - The Thunder King
Patch 5.3 - Escalation
Patch 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.