Quest:Tear Down This Wall!
|Tear Down This Wall!|
Lei Shen and Al'chukla
|Start||Lady Jaina Proudmoore|
|End||Lady Jaina Proudmoore|
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Category||Isle of Thunder|
|Reputation||+300 Kirin Tor Offensive|
|Rewards||19 84 50 25|
|Previous||Starting stage 2 (with  )|
|Next||Finishing stage 3 (with  )|
Tear Down This Wall! begins the third stage of the Isle of Thunder storyline, by breaching the walls to the Beast Pens and Conqueror's Terrace in an attempt to gain access to the Lightning Vein Mine and the Thunder Forges. Jaina will only offer this quest from her position on the Violet Rise once enough realm-wide progress has been made, irrespective of the individual player's standing with the Kirin Tor Offensive.
Much like with the previous progression quest,  , this quest mostly takes place in a single-player scenario, also called "Tear Down This Wall!". As the scenario can only be completed once, it is documented here and not in a separate article.
Speak with Lady Jaina Proudmoore, then break into the lower city and secure it for the Alliance.
- Speak to Lady Jaina Proudmoore to begin your mission
- Secure the lower city
The time has come. Our forces are well-enough entrenched here that we can risk pressing forward, into the Thunder King's lair. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he'll be opening that gate anytime soon.
I suppose we'll have to make a gate of our own then. Let me know when you're ready, <name>.
Let's tear down this wall.
With your help, we're one giant step closer to our goal.
- 236000 XP
- +300 reputation with Kirin Tor Offensive
Speak with Jaina again:
- The camera tracks along a path reaching the Emperor's Gate, then pans to follow War-God Al'chukla, a Zandalari troll, who walks up the path to Lei Shen. Al'chukla stops before Lei Shen and kneels.
- Lei Shen says: The unworthy have not yet learned of my power.
- Lei Shen says: War-God Al'chukla, add my strength to your own.
- Lei Shen casts something into Al'chukla, increasing his size and his power, as sparks of energy start flying from his body.
- Lei Shen says: Make a demonstration of these invaders, such that all nations tremble before me.
- War-God Al'chukla says: All will fall before us!!
- Al'chukla rises as Lei Shen turns to his right to face Shan Bu. Shan Bu faces Lei Shen and kneels.
- Lei Shen says: Shan Bu, secure the inner courtyard. None should look upon my works and live.
- Shan Bu says: As my emperor wills!
- Shan Bu rises to his feet as he shouts and the camera starts tracking back down the path away from the courtyard through the Diremoor.
Stage 1: Find Lost Explosives
- Acquire the Heavy Explosives
- Vereesa Windrunner says: The siege is underway but our heavy explosives never made it to the wall!
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Gather up the explosives and get them to the wall while I rally the reinforcements.
Once the cinematic is done, head from the central building in the Diremoor to the northeast and look for the Heavy Bomb. Before getting too far, a Zandalari Jaguar Warrior and a Zandalari Spiritbinder will jump the champion. After the ambush, head due north to find the bomb at which has fallen off the back of a cart that was beset (and currently guarded) by four more jaguar warriors.
Stage 2: Deliver Explosives
- Speak with Vereesa at the city wall.
- Deliver the Explosives to Vereesa
Jaina and Al'chukla start yelling random lines pretty much instantly:
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: Don't fall back. Don't give them an inch!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: Everyone, stay together. Stay focused.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: Press the attack!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: Press the attack! We're smarter than they are strong!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: The Zandalari are nothing but lap-dogs. Do you hear me? You are pets for the mogu!
- War-God Al'chukla yells: Turn away, weaklings! Dis be the realm of da Thunder King!
- War-God Al'chukla yells: Crush them! Bleed them!
- War-God Al'chukla yells: The spirits give us strength!
- War-God Al'chukla yells: Break them!
- War-God Al'chukla yells: Eviscerate them! Our gods will drink their blood!
Silver Covenant and Zandalari forces are skirmishing at the Emperor's Gate and points eastward. The Zandalari should all be engaged, so mount up, try to ignore them, and ride east to Vereesa's position at beneath the Conqueror's Terrace wall and speak with her:
Stage 3: Detonate Explosives
- Light the fuse on the Heavy Explosives.
- Detonate the Heavy Explosives
- Vereesa runs toward the wall and plants the bomb.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: The wall is wired up and ready to go - the honor is all yours!
Follow Vereesa up to the wall and interact with the heavy explosives.
Final Stage: Kill War-God Al'chukla
- Kill War-God Al'chukla
- War-God Al'chukla says: Destroy them, me brothers!
- Al'chukla realizes what's about to happen and jumps off the wall mere seconds before the bomb explodes, opening a massive hole! Vereesa, Jaina and the Kirin Tor Offensive war party rush through.
Follow Vereesa as she fights a path through three Zandalari Bloodguards, one Spirit-Bound Sentry, another bloodguard, another sentry, a Zandalari Acolyte/Zandalari Haruspex pull, another sentry, and one last harsupex on the way from the broken wall through the Conqueror's Terrace to the other side of the Emperor's Gate. Vereesa stops short of War-God Al'chukla, getting a good look at him for the first time:
- Vereesa Windrunner says: By the light - what did they DO to that thing?
War-God Al'chukla is a level 90 charged Zandalari troll with 2.7 million health and the following special ability:
- Lightning Pole 40 yd range — 1.84 sec cast. Will suck players in the pole's area of effect toward it. If players get too close, they trigger...
- Lightning Pole — Fill an enemy's body with lightning, inflicting 24,512 to 28,488 Nature damage every 0.50 sec for 8 sec.
Wind up an attack to start the encounter:
- War-God Al'chukla yells: Step forward! Witness the gift of the Thunder King!
Al'chukla's only ability outside of basic melee is to summon a Lightning Pole at a player's feet that will suck the player toward the center of the area of effect and do 25K/0.5sec Nature damage to players if they get too close. Start running the instant he winds up a cast and only stop once the pole's fully formed.
- War-God Al'chukla yells: I was chosen. My blood burns with his power!
- War-God Al'chukla yells: Too much... the spirits cannot contain his might.
Finish him off:
- War-God Al'chukla yells: You will be punished! Your life a lesson in futility!
- War-God Al'chukla yells: For Zandalar!!
- Shan Bu yells: Bar the gates! The Zandalari have failed to hold the wall.
- Jaina's party finally catches up to Vereesa and the champion.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: It's dead! You're an inspiration to the Kirin Tor!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Vereesa, are you hurt?
- Vereesa Windrunner says: It is nothing. I am fine.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: You need to get back to camp. I can't lose you.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Gather up the wounded! We've struck a mighty blow today - the next big part of our campaign begins.
Use the Portal to the Isle of Thunder created by the Silver Covenant Spellblades to leave the scenario and return to the Violet Rise to turn in to Jaina.
- Stage 0:
- Stage 1: 
- Stage 2: 
- Stage 3: 
- Stage 4: 
- Stage 5: 
- At exalted: [90R]
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.