Quest:The Assault on Shaol'mara
|The Assault on Shaol'mara|
Jaina on deck
|Start||Lady Jaina Proudmoore|
|End||Lady Jaina Proudmoore|
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Category||Isle of Thunder|
|Reputation||+300 Kirin Tor Offensive|
|Rewards||19 84 50 25|
|Previous||Starting stage 1 (  )|
|Next||Finishing stage 2 (with  )|
The Assault on Shaol'mara begins the second stage of the Isle of Thunder storyline. Jaina will only offer this quest on deck of The Seabolt once enough realm-wide progress has been made, irrespective of the individual player's standing with the Kirin Tor Offensive.
The quest mostly plays out in a single-player scenario also called "The Assault on Shaol'mara". As the scenario can only be done once, it is documented here and not in a separate article.
Complete the Assault on Shaol'mara. Speak to Jaina Proudmoore to begin the attack.
- Speak to Jaina Proudmoore
- Complete the Assault on Shaol'mara
Our scouting efforts along the coast have given us valuable intelligence about the island, <class>.
However, we will accomplish nothing if we do not advance forward onto the mainland.
I have assembled a team of our most elite aerial units to begin the attack.
I would like you to join the assault. A champion such as yourself could turn the battle in our favor at the critical moment.
When you are ready to begin the attack, speak to me.
We must claim a better strategic position on the island itself.
Yes! You have done it, champion!
Now, the Thunder King will taste the full force of the Kirin Tor!
- 236000 XP
- +300 reputation with Kirin Tor Offensive
Speak with Jaina again:
This will put the adventurer in the queue for the solo scenario Assault on Shaol'mara.
Stage 1: Rendezvous with Ranger General Vereesa Windrunner
- Mount the Silver Covenant Hippogryph and fly with Ranger Vereesa Windrunner over the island.
- Ride the Silver Covenant Hippogryph
- Fly with Ranger General Vereesa Windrunner
Jaina immediately starts the event:
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I've selected a landing site on the island: high ground that's easily defended.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Unfortunately, the Zandalari trolls have already claimed and fortified it.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: They're protecting it with a powerful spirit barrier. We'll need to take it down before we can portal our troops in.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Champion, I need you to lead a ground assault and shatter that barrier from within!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Mount up and rendezvous with Vereesa Windrunner. She is organizing the forces that will accompany you.
Hop on the hippogryph that Jaina is standing next to.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Up here, champion!
- Vereesa Windrunner says: I think we have figured out a way to ward our flying mounts against the lightning. But fly in loose formation, just in case.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Our continued incursions into the graveyard and town below are already paying off. Neither the mogu nor the Zandalari should be able to mount a counter-attack.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Do you see the central tower? Lightning strikes it continuously. We suspect the storms originate from the heart of the palace itself.
- Vereesa Windunner says: The Thunder King's palace lies ahead. We must secure a foothold on the island before we can assault his fortress.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: The rendezvous is just up ahead. We've gathered an elite strike force - What?
- Lightning strikes start knocking the other riders out of the sky.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Anar'alah! The skies betray us - we are not safe up here!
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Down! Everybody down!
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Ugh! Hold on!
- The strikes finally hit Vereesa's and the adventurer's mounts.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Champion, are you alright?
- Vereesa Windrunner says: They were ready for us all along. Our forces are scattered, and we are on our own.
Stage 2: Ambush
- Survive the Ambush
- Arcanital Mara'kah says: They come! To arms me brothers - hurl them back to the sea!
- Vereesa Windrunner says: So much for the element of surprise.
- Arcanital Mara'kah says: You have not seen the full might o' the Zandalari!
- Vereesa Windrunner says: They are falling back! We need to press the assault before they can regroup. Follow me!
Stage 3: Destroy the Barricades
- Destroy the Barricades and its defenders
- Vereesa Windrunner says: The entrance is barricaded. Break it down!
- Arcanital Mara'kah says: Hold the ruins. Slay them where they stand!
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Good work, hero. Let's move on.
Stage 4: Kill Anki and Beastcaller Pakutesh
- Arcanital Mara'kah says: Crush the intruders. The barrier must not fall.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Be quick on your feet - that is no ordinary Zandalari!
Pakutesh is riding Anki, a level 90 direhorn with 2 million health. Anki must die before Pakutesh can be attacked. Pakutesh also has 2 million health. There is a Devil's Blood Elixir on a table near outside the front of the pen that will heal for 5% of total health every three seconds for 30 seconds once consumed. There is another in the back-left corner of Anki's pen.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: I like your style, hero.
Final Stage: Kill Arcanital Mara'kah and his Spirit Mask
- Kill Arcanital Mara'kah
Vereesa keeps moving southeast down toward the island, stopping at the base of the steps. There are a few spearrangers and a beastcaller blocking the way. The beastcaller will summon a huge amount of raptors!
- Shaol'mara Beastcaller summons raptors to his aid!
Once all of the raptors are dead, take a moment to heal up and prepare to fight Mara'kah.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: They are protecting that mask. It must be the source of the barier. Destroy it!
- Arcanital Mara'kah says: Face me now! My will is iron. My people, unbreakable!
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Destroy the spirit mask to bring down the barrier!
Marakah is a level 90 zandalar troll with 2.7 million health and the following abilities:
- Arcanital's Spark 30 yd range — Strike an enemy with the power of the heavens, dealing 10,335 to 10,865 Holy damage. 1.83 sec cast. Interruptible
- Arcanital's Barrier 20 yd range — Instant. Summons a barrier that lasts roughly a minute, reducing damage taken by 50% and removing all silence effects.
- Waves of Light 300 yd range — Inflicts 103,040 to 107,016 Holy damage to enemy players in its path. 2.75 sec cast. Uninterruptible. Hits in a ~8-yard-wide path that extends a long distance from Maraki's position.
Additionally, the untargetable Spirit Mask has two abilities:
- Spirit Gaze — Inflicts 4,875 to 5,125 Holy damage to enemies within 2 yards of the point of focus. Instant.
- Hymn of Silence 20 yd range — 1.38 sec cast. Silences units for 10 seconds and ticks for ~52K Holy damage
Try to stay in one of the Arcanital's Barriers he spawns, but keep Mara'kah out of it, as it will limit the damage he takes as well. Try to interrupt his Arcanital's Spark ability and sidestep out of Waves of Light. Make sure to get under a shield when the spirit mask winds up a Hymn of Silence, which is cast every 30-40 seconds. There is a Devil's Blood Potion on the altar behind him, and there is another inside the big tent.
Finish him off.
- Arcanital Mar'kah says: Zandalar...
- Vereesa Windrunner says: The shield - it is down! We did it!
- A large portal from Dalaran appears at the top of the steps and many members of the Kirin Tor Offensive teleport through it.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Jaina was right to recommend you. You saved this mission from disaster... and saved my life.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: That's the Alliance spirit for you - unstoppable!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Vereesa, establish a perimeter. Modera, place the sentry wards. Narasi, begin porting in tents and supplies.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Everyone take up positions! Enemies surround us on all sides! There is no time to waste.
Leave the instance and turn in to Jaina.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Champion, you have exceeded my expectations. Our position on the isle is secured, thanks to your courage and your will. Now, the true work begins.
Immediately behind Jaina's new position on the Violet Rise is an Assignment Map, which starts the day's round of questing by offering a choice for daily questing, PvE or PvP. See the Assignment Map article for more information.
- Stage 0:
- Stage 1: 
- Stage 2: 
- Stage 3: 
- Stage 4: 
- Stage 5: 
- At exalted: [90R]
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.