Quest:The Crumbled Chamberlain
|The Head of the Chamberlain|
|Start||Head of the Chamberlain|
|End||Base of the Chamberlain|
|Level||90 (Requires 90)|
|Category||Isle of Thunder|
19 84 50
This quest starts being offered once Stage 3 of the Isle of Thunder storyline has begun. The Head of the Chamberlain spawns in various locations all over the southern half of the island -- the Court of Bones, Ihgaluk Crag, and Za'Tual, as well as the lower portion of Lei Shen's Citadel: the Beast Pens and Conqueror's Terrace. As the latter two areas are gated until Stage 3, this quest will not be offered until after players have completed
Recover the Shoulder, Head, Staff, Hair and Torso of the Chamberlain.
You there! Assist me.
In life I was the Royal Chamberlain for his majesty, the Thunder King. For my dedication, I was condemned to this stone form, forever forced to watch over a portion of his wealth.
Someone has desecrated my glorious body and sent pieces of it across the island. The thought of spending an eternity without my body depresses me.
Search the island, recover these pieces and I shall grant you one of his majesty's treasures.
I require ALL of my pieces. If so much a pebble is missing, I shall consider forfeiting our agreement.
Ah! To feel whole again! You have my gratitude, servant. Take this stone and use it wisely. Should you encounter his majesty the Thunder King in your travels, do not tell him where you received the key, or you will be standing in a statue next to me for the remainder of eternity.
- 236000 XP
The objects are also strewn about in a handful of locations. The will be somewhere in Ihgaluk Crag, accessible only by jumping with the Skin of the Saurok buff. The is at an out-of-the-way area in Za'Tual. The is on top of a building in the Beast Pens or the Conqueror's Terrace. The is either on top of a building or in an out-of-the-way spot in the Court of Bones.
While the adventurer is killing mobs, the head will chime in on occasion:
- Ah! Now that was a proper smiting. There is hope for you yet.
- Enough dilly dallying, supplicant! I demand you assemble my body.
- I have seen saurok with more fighting panache than what you just displayed.
- I survived for hundreds of years during the Thunder King's reign. Do you know how? By not keeping my masters waiting!
- Oh sure. You have time to kill hapless island folk but no time to assemble my glorious body?
- Was that thing you just killed carrying part of my body? No? Well then I demand ten percent of the loot.
- What a pitiful creature. And the thing you just killed.
- You call that slaying an opponent? I expected more... fire. Or maybe some lightning.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-03-21): "Statue pieces now do not despawn when looted, allowing other players to loot the statue piece as well."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.