Quest:The Darnassus Mission
90 (Requires 90)
Locate the Divine Bell.
You may use the Silvermoon Charm to return to Fanlyr if you get in trouble.
- Find the Cenarion Enclave
- Locate the Divine Bell
The Divine Bell is in the city. We don't want to cause a scene, we just want the artifact. I need you to find a way in, WITHOUT getting caught. That means no mounts, no flying, no fighting.
I can provide aid. I will magically cloak you, so you may move with stealth. I will also give you a small charm that you may use to return to safety, should you get in trouble.
Now go, <name>. Go, locate the bell, and tag it to be teleported back with you.
Well executed, <race>! I knew we could count on you.
Now to get off this wretched tree.
Players receive a 30 minute buff that grants stealth in order to travel through Darnassus. They also receive an ability button that can be used, with a 60 second cooldown, if they lose their buff.
Players will lose their stealth buff by engaging in combat, using any abilities, being detected by the guards, and riding a mount.
Warning! You will have to navigate through the actual, main-world Darnassus, not an instanced or phased version. You will see any Alliance players that happen to be there, and if you drop out of stealth, they will see you too — with predictable results, as you are PvP flagged.
The Bell is in an underground cave in the west of the Cenarion Enclave, roughly to the south of the letter "i" in "Cenarion Enclave" at the end of the road leading west. The safest route probably is:
- To the northern stairs of the gate — they aren't guarded, unlike the southern stairs and the central road going through the gate.
- Up the stairs, then jumping off the middle of the gate onto the main road. Watch out for the mounted patroller and Ancient Protectors!
- Immediately north, past the Ancient Protector at the entrance to Craftsmen's Terrace, then hugging the edge of the hills at the northern border of the Terrace. There is an NPC-free path behind the buildings that can be traversed by jumping over tree roots. This will lead you to the east of the Howling Oak.
- Southwest behind the Howling Oak, around the lake without actually approaching the tree.
- Through the Cenarion Enclave, steering clear of Darnassian Protectors (and Sentinel patrollers if they happen to be passing through).
Alternatively, you can swim through the water to avoid the Sentinels. If you want to use water-walking abilities, cast them beforehand, as casting them while stealthed will break stealth.
- Dominance Offensive dailies unlocked
- Friendly 950/6,000:
- Friendly 4,900/6,000:
- Honored 2,850/12,000:
- Honored 6,800/12,000:
- Honored 10,750/12,000:
- Revered 2,700/21,000:
- Revered 6,650/21,000:
- Revered 10,650/21,000:
- Revered 14,500/21,000:
- Revered 18,350/21,000:
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-09-13): "Players on this quest should no longer be placed into an incorrect phase when using Curious Bronze Timepiece from Journey to the Timeless Isle."
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.