Rated battlegrounds consist of pre-made Battleground teams in a 10v10 bracket.
10 vs 10
These features were canceled or removed as the Rated Battleground concept evolved on Beta & Live.
- New Alterac Valley person max group signup of 25 people at a time, down from 40. This was eventually cancelled during beta 
- Rated Battlegrounds are broken down into three brackets. 10v10, 15v15, & 25v25. These brackets rotate weekly and can be viewed in-game via the calendar by activating the battleground holiday filter. 
- When players win a battle, they are rewarded conquest points, up to their weekly cap. Weekly caps are individual for each player and are based on your highest single pvp rating from the previous week (the cap resets on Tuesdays). This rating can be derived from your 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 arena, or your rated battleground rating.
- If you lose a battleground, you will usually not suffer any rating loss.
- Rated battleground are only available to level 85 characters
- New UI showing PvP stats and the possibility to queue from anywhere with the new 'rated' option. 
New PvP rewards
- Honor titles
- Epic ground mounts
- Conquest Points
- Guild achievements/levels
15 vs 15
25 vs 25
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21):
- Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.
- Picking up the Alliance or Horde flag while in a Rated Battleground now increases damage taken by 50% for characters in a tanking specialization, and increases damage taken by 20% for characters in a non-tanking specialization.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Rated Battlegrounds now award Conquest to the losing team based on their final score. The losing team can earn up to 200 from a very close match.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Rated Battlegrounds now share the same spell restrictions as Arenas.