- "This is all the defense you could muster?"
—Fillet, Kneecapper Extraordinaire
Recklessness is a warrior self-buff ability that temporarily increases the warrior's critical strike chance with special attacks by 50%. It lasts 12 seconds and has a 5 minute cooldown.
- Recklessness has no global cooldown.
- Note that even a 100% chance to score a critical hit does not mean that all attacks will hit your enemy, or even be critical hits. An attack made under Recklessness will still have the same chance to result in a miss, dodge, parry, or glancing blow as the same attack made without Recklessness; see the Attack table article.
- Synergises well with and .
- Rage pooling can be used to increase the number of ability uses possible during Recklessness.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Chance reduced from 50% to 30%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer increases damage taken.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Stance requirement removed. However Recklessness and can no longer be used at the same time. One cannot be used while the other is active, but using one does not put the other on its full cooldown.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now increases special critical strike chance by 50%, down from 100%, but lasts the full 12 seconds instead of allowing only 3 charges.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now works with , , and .
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Recklessness now increases the critical hit chance of the next 3 special ability attacks by 100%, lasts 12 seconds, cooldown reduced to 5 minutes. It also no longer shares a cooldown timer with or .
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Recklessness will no longer be canceled if you switch stances while the effect is active.