Sayge is a gnoll and is one of the few gnolls that are not hostile. He is either from the Shadowhide, Palemane, or Mudsnout clans of Gnoll, based on his coloration. Asides from being neutral he has also been able to learn to speak full Common. Most gnolls can only speak Low Common.
He offers these quests monthly (can only be done once a week due to the Faire being in Darkmoon Island once a month).
Sayge will buff you and tell you your fortune for free, all you have to do is answer his questions. He asks two questions with multiple answers, after which he buffs you. The buffs are linked to which answers you choose; so if you desire, you can specify the buff reliably, see Sayge's Fortunes. The buffs last for 2 hours, and the cooldown between receiving buffs is even longer.
After you answer Sayge's questions and he has just buffed you, he asks you if you want a written fortune. You can turn Sayge down, but assuming you accept, you get a soulbound fortune cookie-like fortune item in your inventory (must have a free slot). (See Sayge's Fortunes) Right click to open it (the result is an opened soulbound fortune item), then mouse over it to read it. Most of these can be discarded, but four of his fortunes are quest items which start the following quests:
- The longer you wait, the less future you have for me to foretell.
- Come speak with me, and what once was cloudy shall become crystal clear.
- Fear not! All fortunes can be discerned for those who know the way.
- Come to me and see what the future holds for you!
I have long known you'd seek me out, adventurer.
Every sentient being in this world is driven by the choices they make. Choices begat further choices, and these in turn make someone who they are. This is where your fortune is drawn from - who you are, and the choices you make.
All fortunes can be discerned for those who know the way.
Are you ready to discover where your fortune lies, adventurer?
- Fortune cast
Your fortune is cast, <class>. For the next few hours, you will find your spirit in tune with your true nature. Be careful, as your fortune - and your fate - are never as clear as you might think them to be.
If you would like a small glimpse of something to ponder in your future, by all means let me know. I'd be happy to give you a written fortune, provided you have room in your inventory. It is one drawn from the insight you have shown in answering my questions.
- I'd love to get one of those written fortunes you mentioned! I've got the space in my inventory for it.
Here is your fortune, <name>. May it serve you well.
- Fortune on cooldown
Alas... I am sorry to say I cannot currently give you your fortune, as you have recently received a fortune reading from me.
Return to me several hours from when you first received your fortune. The forces of Fate will have properly recalibrated themselves, and I will be able to see into your future.
Sayge is an homage to the classic Ultima series of role playing games. In Ultima IV, V, VI and IX, the game began with a meeting with The Gypsy fortune teller, and your answers to her moral dilemmas determined the stats your character would begin with.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Relocated to Darkmoon Island
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Can now appear outside of Shattrath.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22):
- Sayge's Dark Fortune of Resistance now adds +25 to all schools instead of +10%.
- Sayge's buffs at the Darkmoon Faire are now exclusive to one another.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Added.