||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes and should probably not be under any other categories.
- Sentry Totem
- Level 34 shaman ability
- 2% of base mana
- Instant cast
- Summons an immobile Sentry Totem with 100 health at your feet for 5 min that allows vision of nearby area and warns of enemies that attack it. Right-Click on buff to switch back and forth between totem sight and shaman sight.
|| [Mental Quickness], [Totemic Focus]
Sentry Totem is a totem that allows the shaman to keep track of what's happening at the totem's location.
Sentry Totem is an Air totem, and thus cannot be used at the same time as another air totem. While it has slightly more hit points than other shaman totems, it is still easily targeted and destroyed. As long as the totem is 'alive', the shaman receives a buff that when right clicked switches back and forth between seeing what the totem sees. The buff provides no actual benefits in combat, and is purely for switching viewpoint.
Since a shaman can already use [Far Sight] to keep track of things happening far away, the totem's main uses are indoors where Far Sight may not be used, and as a simple "early warning" system hoping that any enemy that finds it will destroy it.
[Totemic Focus] reduces the casting cost of the totem by 25%. [Mental Quickness] reduces the casting cost by 6%.
Tips and tactics
- Sentry Totem is popular when taking screenshots, especially boss kill pictures in raid instances, as it allows the 'camera' to be placed anywhere relative to the shaman. This lets the shaman pose along with everyone else while still allowing the best possible camera angle to be used.
- The totem is highly useful in Warsong Gulch and when defending towers and bunkers in Alterac Valley, as the totem can be placed at an entrance, and anyone who finds it will generally attack and destroy it, warning the shaman of their presence.