The source book for WoW Roleplaying game defines Spirit as the following: Spirit relates to common sense and the ability to perceive the environment. It gives a character the ability to look at a forest and find the tracks of a creature; at the simplest level it allows a character to know not to put his hands in the fire, else they will get burned. Any creature that can perceive its environment in any fashion has at least some Spirit. Those who survive by wit and intuition, such as healers and scouts, have high Spirit.
In the World of Warcraft computer game, Spirit is much more mundane. It regenerates Mana and Health. In most cases, both types of regeneration are suspended in combat.
- Main article: Mana regeneration
Temporary buffs to spirit
There are several consumable buffs to spirit. Not all stack with each other, and some have limited availability.
- Basic Campfire - Increases the spirits of those nearby by 4.
- - Has a chance to increase spirit by 5 with the buff Healthy Spirit.
- - At maximum rank (VIII), 64 spirit for 30 minutes. Battle Elixir.
- - 18 spirit for 60 minutes. Increases Intellect, as well. Battle Elixir.
- - 30 spirit for 60 minutes. Increases Intellect, as well. Battle Elixir.
- - All stats increased by 15 for 60 minutes. Battle Elixir.
Food (food or drink):
- Well Fed buffs from Various foods - 20 spirit for 30 minutes. (Feltail Delight, Clam Bar, Golden Fishsticks, Poached Bluefish, and more.)
- - 10 spirit for 10 minutes. (Doesn't stack with food.)
- - 25 spirit, -5 int for 15 minutes. This item can be purchased from Stomper Kreeg after successfully completing a Dire Maul tribute run. (Stacks with everything.)
- - 20 spirit for 30 minutes. Cannot be cast on self. Seasonal - Winter Veil
- Elune's Blessing (buff) - Increases all stats by 10% for 60 minutes. Seasonal - Lunar festival
Some talents and abilities allow you to use your spirit in other ways.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Spirit no longer affects health regeneration, and now provides hit rating with certain talent trees.