Tips and tactics
- Always cast Sunfire along with , as they can both be on any target at the same time without canceling one another and helps trigger more often, which greatly increases your DPS. In addition, both Sunfire and Moonfire's overall damage increases while under the effects of and , which helps in fights that require lots of movement or if mana becomes an issue. It's also good for kiting in PvP or finishing off fleeing enemies.
- It's often considered an excellent choice for pulling, regardless of the druid's specialization due to its instant cast and long lasting DoT.
- Sunfire is a rare example of an ability that appeared in the Trading Card Game before it actually appeared in the game.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned and no longer requires a talent.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now costs 9% of base mana, down from 18% of base mana.
- Patch 4.0.3 (2010-11-16): Sunfire's damage-over-time effect now deals damage at the same rate as Moonfire's damage- over-time effect.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.