- For the former druid mastery, see Symbiosis (druid talent).
Symbiosis is a druid ability, available at level 87. Casting the spell creates a symbiotic link between the druid and the friendly target, granting each the use of a new ability, appropriate to the other's class.
- Abilities granted are determined by the receiving character's combat role (as determined by specialization) and the other character's class. A character's combat role does not therefore affect which ability is received by the other player.
- Lasts for 1 hour and persists through death.
- Abilities granted by this item will appear in the character's spellbook, in the tab corresponding to their current specialization. From there, players can drag the abilities to an action bar.
- When the buff expires, the new ability will be replaced with the dummy ability 'Symbiosis'. This is a placeholder ability that has no effect (although using it will still cause your character to dismount). If you regain the Symbiosis effect, this placeholder will transform into the new ability.
- The buff cannot be dispelled, spellstolen, or cancelled by the receiving player.
- Although based on abilities of the corresponding class, abilities granted through Symbiosis may differ substantially from the originals.
- The symbiosis effect is also obtainable through , although the effect is limited to the user and is only available in Pandaria.
Abilities that are granted to the target of Symbiosis
Abilities that are granted to the Druid casting Symbiosis
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): had its cooldown increased to 90 seconds, up from 60 seconds.
- Hotfix (2013-03-15): "Symbiosis will now cancel properly if the Druid and the target remains separated for a period of time."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05):
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27):
- 's mana cost has been increased to match the Priest version, and its cooldown has been increased to 60 seconds.
- The cast time of Symbiosis has been reduced to 2 seconds.
- is once again granted to Brewmaster Monks and now costs 2 Chi to use.
- is once again granted to Blood Death Knights, and now costs 30 Runic Power.
- is once again granted to Protection Warriors, but now only provides a 30% increase to dodge.
- is once again granted to Protection Paladins, and now costs 1 Holy Power.
- The cooldown of provided by Symbiosis has been reduced to 5 minutes.
- The duration of provided by Symbiosis now displays correctly as 4 seconds.
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Symbiosis has been changed, and now grants the following abilities:
- Protection warriors - Stampeding Shout
- Blood death knights - Wild Mushroom: Plague Protection[sic]
- Protection paladins - Wrath
- Brewmaster monks - Bear Hug"
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.