|Location||Various in Vashj'ir and Pandaria|
Taylor is a human soldier who acts as a quest giver during the Cataclysm and Pandaria campaigns. He is first seen as a ship captain ("Captain Taylor") when the Alliance begins their push toward Vashj'ir. After being captured and freed from the Naga, he joins the player in several missions against them, mirroring Nazgrim for the Horde.
After the events of Vashj'ir, Taylor is promoted to Admiral and finds himself shipwrecked on Pandaria along with Anduin Wrynn. Taylor, along with his crew and the player, search for the lost prince during the Jade Forest storyline and recruit the Pearlfin Jinyu to the Alliance.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Following the Shattering, the land began to rise up in the area off the coast of Stormwind, known as Vashj'ir. King Varian Wrynn ordered the Alliance navy to immediately claim the land. Taylor was the captain of a contingent of Stormwind Elite Aquatic and Land Forces sent to reinforce the hotspot battleground. The players are on his ship when they are attacked by Ozumat, sunk, and subsequently captured by the naga under orders from Lady Naz'jar. Taylor, his crew, and the player are freed by the efforts of the Earthen Ring Shaman Erunak Stonespeaker. Taylor is captured again and forced to work in Nespirah, the giant clam-like ancient under the thrall of the naga. The player frees him and his crew, along with the unexpected Admiral Dvorek, and they continue their battle against the naga. The naga inevitably reveal themselves to be allied with N'Zoth's Faceless ones, showing they are a part of the Old Gods' forces. Eventually receiving backup in the form of the crew of the Pincer X2 Submarine, Taylor and the player take part in the defense of the Abyssal Maw from the naga and faceless ones during . As Erunak is captured by Ozumat, Taylor and the player follow it down into the Throne of the Tides, freeing Erunak and defeating the naga. Taylor later returned to Stormwind and was promoted for his brave actions.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Taylor has been promoted to Admiral, and was given command of Stomwind's royal flagship, The Vanguard, which would later run aground at The Jade Forest in Pandaria. He is heavily involved in the Alliance starting quests in Pandaria, where after being rescued by Alliance heroes in the Jade Forest, he helps lead the fight against the Horde and strengthen Alliance diplomatic relations with the Pearlfin Jinyu and the local pandaren of Westwind Rest.
He later makes appearance in Kun-Lai Summit.
Siege of Orgrimmar
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Taylor has arrived in Draenor and established his garrison in Spires of Arak. However, his subordinate, Ephial betrayed him and turned the entire population into undead, including the admiral. Taylor's spirit was imprisoned and tortured, then turned by Ephial into a bone wraith, Soulscythe.
A memorial dedicated for him is erected at Southport.
|Siege of Orgrimmar||91||4,075,320|
|80 - 81||30,951 - 37,187|
|Throne of the Tides||81||37,187|
He is involved in the following quests in Kelp'thar Forest:
The following quests in the Shimmering Expanse:
The following quests in the Abyssal Depths:
And the following quests in Throne of the Tides:
He is involved in the following quests in Jade Forest:
And in Kun-Lai Summit:
And in Lion's Landing:
- Good to see you, friend.
- Adversity, our constant companion.
- The Alliance shall prevail.
- This land tests us, friend.
- Greeting wounded
- King Wrynn for the win!
- We mustn't fail.
- Remember: The king is counting on us.
- Soldiers duty is never done.
- The Alliance must prevail.
- Farewell wounded
- Varo'then's sword looks like the sword from what Taylor used at the battle at Serpent's Heart.
- His Horde counterpart is .
- He sent Boyle Merribrew and some others to the Valley of the Four Winds to find Anduin Wrynn.
- Taylor is voiced by Jamieson Price.
- His name, along with being captured and injured by the Hozen during , may be a reference to Charlton Heston's character of the same name in the 1968 film Planet of the Apes.
- Taylor appeared in Karabor in the BlizzCon 2013 demo of Warlords of Draenor, but it was changed in the beta, and he was given his own questline revolving around him and his garrison in Spires of Arak.
- The Art of War (Mist of Pandaria In-Game Cinematic)
- Battle of Serpent's Heart (Mist of Pandaria In-Game Cinematic)
- ^ WoW Insider - Mists of Pandaria Beta: Watch the Alliance intro to Pandaria
- ^ 2014-04-11, Azeroth’s Away Team: Familiar Alliance Faces in Draenor. Blizzplanet, retrieved on 2014-07-10