Bear and the Lady Fair
Bear, Trogg (Beast, Humanoid)
Raaargh and Argh are the Bear and the Lady Fair, one of the special Rank 7 Challenge Card encounters in the Brawler's Guild. To fight these gladiators, players must use , purchased from the card trader in the arena. To unlock the ability to purchase the challenge card, players must complete random scenarios until the provided drops an item to start a quest.
- Slap Melee range — Inflicts 85000 Physical damage to an enemy and knocks it back. 1.5 sec cast. Will knock combatants off the platform. (1 sec cooldown)
- Maul Melee range — Maul an enemy, inflicting normal damage. Instant
- Skull Bash 100 yd range — You charge and skull bash the target, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 4 sec. Instant
- Bounce — Bounces a player in the direction they are facing. Every 3 successful bounces in a row will trigger a Critical Bounce! Instant. 3 sec duration.
The encounter starts with Argh up on a platform in the middle of the arena, three trampolines in front of the platform, and Raaargh on the floor. The encounter is won when either gladiator is dead, so focus on Argh, since he has far less health than Raaargh.
Start by jumping up to one one of the trampolines at the edges, then face the middle trampoline and let it Bounce you in that direction. Don't jump manually -- the trampoline must do it to trigger the spell. Bounce again to the third trampoline, then turn and bounce up to Argh's platform to land a Critical Bounce on him for +300% damage. Keep attacking until Argh Slaps you off, so get back to the trampolines to repeat.
Raaargh should keep running around on the ground, but try to ignore him as best as possible.
Argh has just shy of 11 million health, so he requires just more than 91,000 DPS to beat the enrage timer.
- No introduction could possibly do our challengers justice. Feast your eyes on the Bear and the Lady Fair!
- Argh yells: Argh!
"The Bear and the Maiden Fair" is the name of a popular bawdy song frequently referenced in Westeros (lyrics here), the continent where most of the projected heptalogy A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin are based on. It's also the name of the Season 3 Episode 7 of the show Game of Thrones, which adapts the aforementioned books, featuring Brienne fighting a bear in a pit (similar to a Brawler's Guild quest) wearing an ill-fitting pink dress ().
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Added.