|Race||Dragon turtle (Beast)|
|Location||Lair of Tortos, Throne of Thunder|
Tortos is the fourth boss encounter in the Throne of Thunder and the first part of the wing of the raid.
Over the millennia, small amounts of mogu flesh-shaping magic seeped into the caverns below the Thunder King's citadel. The dark energies warped one of the chamber's native dragon turtles, melding it to the surrounding crystalline walls. Known as Tortos, this amalgamation of flesh and stone has since feasted on the cave's rich mineral deposits and grown to a colossal size.
Along with asking why we fight, and learning that our true enemy is war itself, a major theme of the Mists of Pandaria has been killing turtles. This raid encounter elevates that motif to all-new heights, presenting players with the chance to fight a huge turtle, and small turtles, and also the ability to kick one of the small turtles into the big turtle. What more could you ask for?
Fun fact: We originally wanted to make a fire turtle boss in the southeastern section of Firelands in Patch 4.2, but opted not to at the time; we’ve been looking for an opportunity to do a turtle fight ever since.
Spells and abilities
- Call of Tortos — Tortos lets out a rumbling call, causing several smaller turtles to enter the area and attack players. 1 sec cast
- 10: 3,150,000
- 10H: 5,600,000
- LFR: 4,200,000
- 25: 10,500,000
- 25H: 17,500,000
- Spinning Shell — The turtle chases players around the room, spinning rapidly and continuously inflicting 125,128 (LFR: 46,125 /: 205,000) Physical damage to enemies within 5 yards, knocking them away.
- Shell Block — The turtle hides in his shell at low health, gaining immunity to all damage. While in this state, the turtle can be kicked across the room by players, applying Shell Concussion to any creatures it hits along the way.
- Kick Shell — This extra action button can be used to kick a defeated Whirl Turtle across the room. Move close to the shell, then aim by positioning it between yourself and your target. Enemies hit by the shell are afflicted by Shell Concussion.
- Shell Concussion — When kicked, the shell spins forward, interrupting enemies it touches and leaving them off-balance, increasing the damage they take from all sources by 25% for 20 sec.
- Furious Stone Breath — Inflicts 153,375 (LFR: 15,375 /: 358,750) Nature damage to all enemies every 0.5 sec for 4.5 sec. 5 sec cast. Requires 100 Fury to cast.
- Rockfall — A lightning-charged stalactite falls from the roof of the cave, inflicting 367,500 (LFR: 105,000 /: 527875) Nature damage to enemies within 5 yards and 89,100 Nature damage to enemies within 20 yards.
- Quake Stomp — Tortos performs a massive stomp, stunning all enemies for 1 sec and inflicting Physical damage to each equal to 65% (LFR: 30% /: 100%) of their maximum health. Quake Stomp also increases the frequency of Rockfalls for 8 sec. 2.3 sec cast
- Snapping Bite — Tortos snaps his jaws shut around the target, inflicting 538,125 (: 699,050) Physical damage. 25-man: Inflicts 699,050 (LFR: 333,125 /: 908,769) Physical damage. 1.4 sec cast
Vampiric Cave Bat
- 10: 4,215,920
- 10H: 4,215,920
- LFR: 8,221,044
- 25: 12,647,760
- 25H: 12,647,760
- Drain the Weak — Drains health when attacking targets with less than 550,000 current health, inflicting 25% of weapon damage as Physical and healing the caster for 50% (LFR: 10%) of the damage dealt.
- Crystal Shell — The crystal reacts when struck, encasing the attacker in a shell that absorbs incoming damage and healing. Initially the shell can absorb up to 15% of max health in damage, but healing absorbed by the shell is added to this total, up to a cap of 75% of max health. The shell breaks when it cannot absorb any more damage.
|This article is a strategy stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- TheDDGuides → How to "TANK" Tortos
- TheDDGuides → How to "DPS" Tortos
- TheDDGuides → How to "HEAL" Tortos
- TheDDGuides → Heroic Tortos Strategy Guide
- Aliena's Raid Guides - Tortos 10 man
- Tortos Live Servers (1080p) - Mage, Boss voice, Vent
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-04-16): "Fixed an issue where certain situations could cause Whirl Turtles to travel more slowly than intended when kicked."
- Hotfix (2013-04-10): "
- Whirl Turtles now have a reduced base movement speed in 10-player Normal difficulty.
- Vampiric Cave Bats now deal less damage in 10-player Normal difficulty."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.