|Uldaman loading graphic|
|Location||The Maker's Terrace, Badlands|
|Race(s)||Dark Iron dwarf
|Advised level||37 - 40|
|Player limit||5 (10)|
Uldaman is an old, earthen complex buried deep within the Khaz Mountains. It was partially excavated, but has since fallen into the hands of the Dark Irons, who find the place ideal to dig for earthly riches. Uldaman is one of the three known ancient Titan cities in the world, the two others being Uldum in southern Tanaris and Ulduar in the northern reaches of Northrend, located in the Storm Peaks. Other Titan holdings include a complex beneath Bael Modan in the southern Barrens and the vault known as Terramok, deep inside Maraudon, Desolace. Uldaman itself can be found in the Badlands, west of the entrance to Loch Modan. The enemy level range is 35 to 40, and the minimum level required to enter it is 30.
The end boss Archaedas is level 40 and still hard, but easily defeated with a group of 37 to 38's. Before Patch 2.3, however, Archadeas was level 47 and required a group of 42 to 45's to take down. As of Patch 4.0.1, it is possible to complete most quests in one run, at level 39 or 40.
From Blizzard's Official World Dungeons site:
- Uldaman is an ancient Titan vault that has laid buried deep within the earth since the world's creation. Dwarven excavations have recently penetrated this forgotten city, releasing the Titans' first failed creations: the Troggs. Legends say that the Titans created troggs from stone. When they deemed the experiment a failure, the Titans locked the troggs away and tried again - resulting in the creation of the dwarven race. The secrets of the dwarves' creation are recorded on the fabled Discs of Norgannon - massive Titan artifacts that lie at the very bottom of the ancient city. Recently, the Dark Iron dwarves have launched a series of incursions into Uldaman, hoping to claim the discs for their fiery master, Ragnaros. However, protecting the buried city are several guardians - giant constructs of living stone that crush any hapless intruders they find. The Discs themselves are guarded by a massive, sapient Stonekeeper called Archaedas. Some rumors even suggest that the dwarves' stone-skinned ancestors, the earthen, still dwell deep within the city's hidden recesses.
Uldaman is located in the northern part of the Badlands.
|Dig One • Dig Three • Dig Two • Excavation Center • Echomok Cavern • Hall of the Crafters • Hall of the Keepers • Khaz'goroth's Seat • Map Chamber • North Common Hall • The Sealed Hall • South Common Hall • The Stone Vault • Temple Hall|
|Hall of the Keepers|
|The Stone Vault|
|Hall of the Crafters|
- Main article: Uldaman loot
|Quest name||Quest giver||Zone location|
|Hero's Call Board||Any capital city|
|Warchief's Command Board||Any capital city|
|The Discs of Norgannon||Khaz'goroth's Seat, Uldaman|
- A side entrance into the dungeon, which leads into Echomok Cavern, can be found in the cave between Fuselight and the Tomb of the Watchers.
- The enchanting trainer Annora is hiding behind a rock column. To get her to come out, all of the scorpids in her room must be killed.
- As is the case with many other non-endgame instances, mobs in Uldaman have a wide level range. Similarly, the Uldaman quests are spread out over many levels as well.
- Blizzard stated at BlizzCon 2010 that they plan on splitting the dungeon in two, with the first half ending in the Ironaya encounter, and the second half beginning at the back door where the Obsidian Sentinel is located. This plan never came to fruition.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): New quests and NPCs added. Digmaster Shovelphlange removed. Level range lowered to 37 - 40.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Level range lowered from 36-47.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22):
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): New load screen added.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07):
- Capped at ten players.
- Lengthened the respawn time of many of the creatures in Uldaman.